What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
Snow on the ground....salt on the roads....car covered up in the garage....wishing it were warmer and sun was shining so I could put the top down and go

got into the aftermarket windshield wiper install -
pic 1 - the kit (ok, the box the kit came in). pic 2. a wiper transmission as it came (there are 2 of them - obviously). pic 3. where wiper transmission needs to go - pass.side (same but different on drivers side- of course! :banghead:). pic 4. had to move transmission nut and bolt so I could drill holes for the transmissions to fit the car. pic 5. where shaft/spline knurl sat on first try. pic 6. it took a bit of fiddling around but I got it centered - the drivers side was easier mostly because I'd already done the pass. side - it too ended up centered.

Attachments

• 100_3584.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 220
  • 100_3685.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 230
  • 100_3690.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 235
  • 100_3689.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 228
  • 100_3695.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 222
  • 100_3696.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 231
  • 100_3702.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 219
Puttin this together for my blue car!! Hungry 340 waiting for lunch!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 208
got into the aftermarket windshield wiper install -
pic 1 - the kit (ok, the box the kit came in). pic 2. a wiper transmission as it came (there are 2 of them - obviously). pic 3. where wiper transmission needs to go - pass.side (same but different on drivers side- of course! :banghead:). pic 4. had to move transmission nut and bolt so I could drill holes for the transmissions to fit the car. pic 5. where shaft/spline knurl sat on first try. pic 6. it took a bit of fiddling around but I got it centered - the drivers side was easier mostly because I'd already done the pass. side - it too ended up centered.

Awesome!!!!

I jut moved my 67 coupe up to my new house and 40' by 30' 3 bay garage up in mineral bluff Ga !
I cant wait to finally retire and get to finish my car.

I will post pics soon.

Cudamike13

Bled the brakes. Bought one of those Harbor Freight one man air bleeders . for cheap it worked really well. I would have been done in about 20 min but I had put in new lines and was having trouble up front.

Just came back from a Mopar swap meet in Chicago. I went with Mopar buddies and had a great time. I met up with Krazykuda Karl and talked for a short. Nice guy and always cool to meet fellow FABO-ites. Bought a clutch fan and a Mopar switch plate for my office.

started putting the new msd box in the dart, it has a built in 2 step so I'm putting a switch on the brake pedal to activate it, something new to me never ran one before, always just plain old footbrake and go

I tore into my 82 Mazda B2000 trying to determine whey its a "gross polluter" per CA smog when it passed with flying colors 2 years and I only gave it a valve job in between. Turns out my vacuum advance had a pinhole (I think I got that fixed) and the EGR system was plugged beyond comprehension. There is a beefy tube that connects the exhaust manifold to the EGR valve, and that turned out to be clean, as its about 3/4 ID. The EGR was slighly coked but it looked like it still passed some smoke. Cleaned it anyway but it was nowhere coked beyond the small pintle valve opening at full vacuum. Then I took the smaller tube from the EGR to the intake and examined it. Bingo: That thing had 2 inches of solid charcoal inside it at the bend that a coat hanger and 30 minutes of soaking in Easy-off finally punched through. Then I looked at the passage to the intake where it bolts to, there was a 1/2" plug of coal on there too! No wonder the NOx was high and the mix was rich, there was absolutely no EGR dilution in the chambers. I feel alot more confident now when I go to get it tested again. I cant believe all that built up in 2 years? I failed in my SC400 and cleaned the EGR per the guy and I barely passed NOx with a completey clean EGR, and I chipped out an equal amount of crap just from the EGR fitting on that motor, the ~2in square passage was down to about a 4X4mm hole on that fitting. amazing.....

I have been checking out and reinstalling the wiring harness in my Duster. Going to do the amp meter bypass at the same time. I really love my FSM right now!

Cley

It's another sunny San Diego winter day so........driving it.

I'll keep you folks in the frozen States in mind though.:)

Pulled my floor console so I could put a light bulb in the shifter indicator.

While it was out I tightened up all the nuts and added a little Gorilla Glue in a couple of places to help keep the vibration noise down a bit (dang Series 40 Flowmasters!)

Test drive told me it worked...no more vibration!

my minivan alternator was grumbling so I fixed it. The 2003 T&C and many others use a "decoupler" on the alternator, a sprag one way clutch for the pulley for some reason. I think it makes less vibration. Whatever, mine went out a second time at the cost of an alternator
(not any more, they offer the decoupler now for like $70, F' that) so I decided to fix it FOR GOOD!...

Attachments

• IMG_20160215_125317190.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 129
jacked up the 64 dart, set it on some old rims, homemade subframe connectors go in tomorrow. on the 67 bel, some mud will go tomorrow where I welded all that GREAT ( sarcastic) repop patch panels.
Rome was not built in a day, it took them several weekends with some overtime pay !??????????????? ha

Finally got to it, dropped my 7.25 out and installed 8.25 3:23 posi into my 65 Dart. Spent most of the day in garage but not real bad, have to get e-brakes hooked up and bring driveshaft in and get shortened and balanced. I think I had the most trouble with un-hooking the e-brakes from my 9" rear drums, what a pain. All I need now is Spring! :cheers:

Attachments

• IMG_20160215_125033901.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_20160215_162358196.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_20160215_162515459.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 142
Just installed my Firm Feel Bilstein shocks this afternoon. The old shocks in the rear were dead dead dead, they would not extend at all when compressed. I can go over speed bumps now. What a difference.

I still need to completely rebuild the front suspension, plus 1.06 torsion springs and am probably going with XHD leafs in the rear. I'm not going to be at the track more than twice a month, so SS springs just not what I need.

more wiper install - figured out where and how to mount the motor... pic 1. the motor. pic 2. where it's going - couple of things in the way under the dash (that's the other part of all this - under dash clean-up). pic 3. main bracket mocked in with the motor on it to test the weight. pic 4. main bracket cut and bent to fit edge of rollbar - still not 'done' but getting there. 3 hrs worth of fitting and drilling in 4 pics and one quick 'paragraph'..

Attachments

• 100_3705.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 151
  • 100_3706.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 147
  • 100_3708.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 133
  • 100_3716.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 150
Painted my modified transmission crossmember. Then I continued wiring the headlight kit and installed my circuit breakers, 40A in from alternator and 30A out to dash. Tomorrow finish that up and install my battery kill switch and fab up the custom battery cables.
DR:coffee2:

-
Back