What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
Not a damn thing probably because it's free dump day and the Wife has a list.:bs_flag:

Of things to pick up or drop off, lol. Years ago, going to the dump was kinda fun drop some stuff off and pick some stuff up.
They don't allow anything to leave anymore, so now it's no fun at all. :D
I got a complete Yamaha dirt bike minus the motor once and I just happened to have the exact motor but no bike.

I have been off my car for 6 weeks. Today I get started again by trying to change the PS pump pully that ACardone couldnt get right twice. If I get it fixed, I will install the pump, hoses, new clutch fan, radiator and front of engine to get ready to to to muffler shop for new dual exhaust system. Work load is now managable and only interference will be from ocean fishing and razor clam digging. When I get it back from exhaust shop I will be able to start engine for the first time.
DR-----getting used to site-------Cheers to all:)

Stopped by NAPA and got some plastic clips and installed my under hood insulation I bought at the Nats last summer. I bought the correct metal clips but they required a hammer to install and I didn't want to chip the paint in 18 holes. The plastic "Christmas trees" pushed in easily with my thumb and they were even a Chrysler part number (for late model cars of course). Dang, I forgot photos.

resting from yesterday. I got a buy on 7 mopar engies, but ad to disassemble a small metal building to get to t hem! took it down, me and 2 other guys loaded and unloaed the engines, plus a 427 chev for my buddy! lol

these are listed under mech parts for sale here in FABO. will sell 5 engines, or trade on SB cable 904 and good pol 318.

such was lots easier before I hit 68!!! lol

Saturday and today - I have been redoing the engine compartment - new hood to cowl seal and hood bumpers. which required some painting after removing the old/original
Also finished the trunk
Adjusted ride height

Wanted to replace window seal gaskets - but classic sent the wrong parts

Oh, took kids to all 3 soccer games (2-0-1 on the day)

Not bad for a rainy day

I busted my *** the last 2 days....got a lot done so I'm taking today off.....besides it's Mother's day. .....so I'll spend time with my girl.....

I'll be hard at work on it again next weekend!

Yesterday I drove both cars. As described earlier I installed the under hood insulation on the Swinger and then took it out for a cruise. Later I took the 66 out for a bonzai run. Lots of fun.

Last edited:
Nothing today, trying to resolve the PS pully issue and figure out the next move. Wish I felt like working on the car, I think I pulled a back muscle yesterday.
DR-------:BangHead:

Went for a cruise in my new ride. Wait that was 1958 and I turned 3. I have loved cars ever since.
20160508_165908.jpg

image.jpeg
Finished installing my new Jegs 2.5" dual exhaust on the Barracuda and then took it for its first ride in a year! (This is a old photo from before the new exhaust.)

This exhaust fit extremely well and was quite easy to align while laying on the garage floor. It was the $249 system from headers back. Though I don't have headers, I cut the old main pipes and used reducers to tie them into the new pipes. I highly recommend them to anyone. They are well made and formed to fit precisely. Especially considering 67 Barracudas have the single tank strap that usually gets in the way on the passenger side.

View attachment 1714933079 Finished installing my new Jegs 2.5" dual exhaust on the Barracuda and then took it for its first ride in a year! (This is a old photo from before the new exhaust.)

This exhaust fit extremely well and was quite easy to align while laying on the garage floor. It was the $249 system from headers back. Though I don't have headers, I cut the old main pipes and used reducers to tie them into the new pipes. I highly recommend them to anyone. They are well made and formed to fit precisely. Especially considering 67 Barracudas have the single tank strap that usually gets in the way on the passenger side.
What did you run for mufflers and do you like there sound? I have Flowmasters and looking to go with something a little quieter. thanks

Started last night and finished this afternoon, switched out my /6 torsion bars and installed P-S-T 1.03 bars. Hoping it's worth the effort, do a lot of driving and has 318 now, see if it firms it up a little. Took picture of bars side by side, quite a difference in size.

IMG_20160509_202044670.jpg

Custom stainless headers. Pipefitter/weldor by trade, but this is some mind boggling stuff.
nothing is square/ level/ true to the world. 6 days and just 1 side fitted up/tacked.
Come on friday, I need those specialty clamps!

custom headers 003.JPG

What did you run for mufflers and do you like there sound? I have Flowmasters and looking to go with something a little quieter. thanks

I used the mufflers that came with the kit. They had no markings on them, and neither did anything on the whole kit. They are a little on the loud side when winding up the engine, but I wouldn't say they drone. I rather like the way they sound. I love the mandrel bends on the pipes - no crimping whatsoever on any bends.

-
Back