What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
Tested my heater core. It actually seems ok.

2016-05-11 20.43.23.jpg

My oil drip turned into a gusher and we realized we have a bad rear main seal....only 1400 miles on her /6. Shameful as I paid a supposed pro to build the motor and he put the seal in backwards.

Another reason why I try to do everything myself.

it seems to be coming from higher up
I am almost certain it was the oil filter plate
change it out, I don't know how many times
tried the stocker, the canton version, the right angle adapter

worst part is, she was dry for two whole days last week
I though I finally had her licked

and then she started dripping again

Mike from MRL build the engine, so I presume it was put together right
but I'm almost considering bringing it in to a shop to let someone else deal with it

it seems to be coming from higher up
I am almost certain it was the oil filter plate
change it out, I don't know how many times
tried the stocker, the canton version, the right angle adapter

worst part is, she was dry for two whole days last week
I though I finally had her licked

and then she started dripping again

Mike from MRL build the engine, so I presume it was put together right
but I'm almost considering bringing it in to a shop to let someone else deal with it

Yea that's where I am. Frustrated and angry so I'm worthless as a mechanic right now. I will focus on my business and let the 8-5 pro's deal with my problem this time.
My buddy has a great shop and I know they will take care of Pam's cuda.

glad to hear you got someone who knows what they are doing

there is a guy local to me who USED to be the mopar expert
about a decade ago they lost their mopar dealer ship, whatever you call it...and now they are a Mitsubishi garage

the owner still has a dozen or so cudas tucked away in his private collection though, but I don't know if there is anyone knowledgable of old mopars left at that shop

glad to hear you got someone who knows what they are doing

there is a guy local to me who USED to be the mopar expert
about a decade ago they lost their mopar dealer ship, whatever you call it...and now they are a Mitsubishi garage

the owner still has a dozen or so cudas tucked away in his private collection though, but I don't know if there is anyone knowledgable of old mopars left at that shop

Were like a dying breed. Once were gone, there will not be anyone left who cares enough to study the mechanics of an old mopar. They'll end up like old Ferrari's. Only a handful of people on the earth that can work on them.

yeah, and I cant afford them guys either :(

Hang in there.....save your pennies and you'll get it fixed!
Or you'll be like most of us here and band-aid it and keep driving.

I have so many oil soaked pieces of cardboard on my garage floors, it's a fire hazard up in here!

no kidding
I'm at a state if I ever go missing I will be easy to track...just follow the trail of oildrops

no kidding
I'm at a state if I ever go missing I will be easy to track...just follow the trail of oildrops

Till you find the smoking car on the side of the road....hahahha....reminds me of an old maverick we detonated on I-80, back in 1980. Oil trail for about a mile then...bang, bang, boom. Rods exited stage left.

We pulled the tags, yanked the under dash Kraco radio, and left that old rusty POS where it died. Good times breaking down.

Painted up an old pitted 14" magnum 500 with some satin black Rustoleum and mounted a 175/70 on it for my wifes 65 Mustang to complete the set....

Had to remove the headliner it started to fall down after 46 years..man what a mess it made..

-
Back