What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
Replaced ignition switch on 73 340 Duster...car has been waiting for a couple of months for me to get to it..
Putting stock steering wheel back on also...

DSCN3317.JPG

The roof.... With out the cover

Re tightening the converter bolts I didn't Locktite when I put the trans in.
I didn't Locktite them when I put the trans in because I thought I may have to pull it back out for something when fitting it to the car, but I didn't so they never got Lockitite and started making noises yesterday.

A cold start in the morning yesterday sounded like someone pounding on the motor with a sledge hammer because of the cam and a low choppy idle. :D
I knew what it was the instant I heard it, and got it before the storm hit.

Best one I can find at the moment.... But thats it Jeff....
Truly brought back from the dead..
View attachment 1715002913
Is it alive now? don't look it in most of them pics, lol. What's the build date on that car? Was discussing which bumperettes were used and when on on Dusters I another thread, but front should be same.... Does it have front absorber mounts?

Install the new radiator in the 40 ply.coupe. Paint the floor in the 64 dart install diskbrakes on the straight axle

1483203372_zpsdxzrlif6.jpg

Might need to order some new gloves. Need some magic so it doesn't leak again.
afc7d972faaa943542d2caa0655f06d9_original.jpg

Last edited:
Today I'm gonna go drive her for a while....I think I'll take her through Carbon Canyon. ...nice drive with great curves!
Beautiful morning here in SoCal!

Jeff

NICE car!
we'll have to get together some time including jeff here.

i finally finished installing my new rear leaf spring brackets i got a total of one inch drop 28 1/2 from ground to wheel well.

good because during installing process i noticed the center nut the holds the springs together was off (such a tiny nut holding them together :( fixed )

also ran into a aged rubber gas hose that was some what cracked - replaced. !

i really want to find someone who can give my car a good tune though. PM if anyone knows anyone.

WHAT TIME JEFF?

BEEN WANTING TO ASK also - i remember you replaced your suspension not long ago and ended up with a some what high ride AFTER LOOSING UP THE bolt and letting it sit what height did you end up with? from ground to wheel well?

WHAT TIME JEFF?

BEEN WANTING TO ASK also - i remember you replaced your suspension not long ago and ended up with a some what high ride AFTER LOOSING UP THE bolt and letting it sit what height did you end up with? from ground to wheel well?
I'll have to take a measurement and let you know.....

We should definitely get together sometime soon and show our cars together and go for a drive!
They're almost twins except big block/small block!

Jeff

Installed rear side panels, rear seat back and remembered I need to install the factory supplied seat belts that came with the car. Refurbished seat belts for installation but I will have to remove seat back again to install the seat belts. Then I can finish up the back seat install and move on to the 72 E-body bucket seat install.

Backseat.jpg

I spent money today. Hydroboost and new MC along with all new remaining Brake Lines, Adjustable PV and a Line Lock.... A couple of miles driving was enough for me and I want Brakes that makes me knowing my Pop's can stop the dang car lol..... Whether I keep the car or sell it later in the year this will enhance the car overall......

Good times,
JW

Is it alive now? don't look it in most of them pics, lol. What's the build date on that car? Was discussing which bumperettes were used and when on on Dusters I another thread, but front should be same.... Does it have front absorber mounts?
Thanks For Asking... It runs and Drives... It's not anywhere near done. The car was on its way to the scraper at the time I got a phone call about it. I bought it site un seen.. But i ran into a member on this site that was swapping from the 226-6 to a 360 or 318) "74duster72" and went out and cleared out his garage of all the stuff he took out of the car for the conversion. The roof I re-did in Fiberglass matting. Any way..
Yes it has the ab-sober bumpers... i did not change any of that at the moment... Have a good one.. Rock On..

Thanks For Asking... It runs and Drives... It's not anywhere near done. The car was on its way to the scraper at the time I got a phone call about it. I bought it site un seen.. But i ran into a member on this site that was swapping from the 226-6 to a 360 or 318) "74duster72" and went out and cleared out his garage of all the stuff he took out of the car for the conversion. The roof I re-did in Fiberglass matting. Any way..
Yes it has the ab-sober bumpers... i did not change any of that at the moment... Have a good one.. Rock On..
Nice save on both the car and the slant! I haven't looked at that many, but it seems the small bumper guards are always absorber mounts. Trying to figure out when they changed . I think the back absorbers started much earlier in 74 model and many still had the big rubber gaurds. I assume it is titled as 74 to have that bumper with that grille. Otherwise I previously thought the front change happened in 75 (like my Duster). If you could check...what is the date on the door sticker?

Got a break in the rain and the day off...what to do...what to do...?
GO FOR A DRIVE OF COURSE!
:steering: :steering: :steering:

Jeff

-
Back