What are you doing to your car this winter?

-
Re-wiring:sad1:
lights and turn signals still screwed up,just start over i guess.Aluminum
radiator,maybe electric fan at that time.Headers need pulled and welded
up and oh great get to send them off for re-coating a second time in 2
years!If this doesnt send me over the edge maybe a clutch but im sure
ill be too p.o. after the rest of this is done.

unfortunately for me until i have a finished garage all ill be doing is keeping my car dry :crybaby:

I took out my fenderwell headers, going to paint them or maybe get them coated. took the heads off,get some work done on them. try and find a different intake manifold, maybe a different carb. find a pair of used slicks, and get into the 12's next summer.

I will be upgarding all front end rubber parts. Hopefully converting the front to disc(Maybe, money is tight). New shocks and leaf springs. I would like to find some rallee wheels and get new treads.

Valiant-right.jpg

ill be putting the rear end i got in and putting in the headers and intake i got . and the flame throwers igot in . i have lots of minor body work to do still so i got my hands full .

Well I have been waking up in the middle of the night righting stuff down hahah. Here is the list wrote on a credit card statement envelope!!!!!
Move battery to the trunk, grind mp valve cover to fit perfect, get electric fan out of a taurus, move transcooler (saw a bad azz set up on a cuda at mopars at the park), I took out the heater box so all my electric goodies are moving to the inside (msd box,coil,volt reg), install a dual feed line that doesnt suck ( the holley one sucks for taking off and on), take water pump off and tap and plug the bypass, 3" INBOARD KIT AND MINI TUB BABY, buy 30 cases of beer to finish inboard kit, kiss the girlfriend for bringing me the beer.

Finish the bodywork on the Ramcharger then get it painted. Start on the Duster by moving it to the most convienent area in the garage where I can get all the way around it yet not be in the way if I have other vehicle maintenance to do.

I'll start by pulling the engine/trans/k-frame/rear end and set the body high on jack stands to asess any under carriage work that must be performed and make sure the subframes are square. Weld in subframe connectors then move on to any found issues on the under carriage. Move to reinforcing and painting the K-frame and adding tubular UCA/LCA. Maybe by spring I'll be ready to have a Dana 60 built.

The above will take at least this winter and probably spring too. I have a pretty clear vision of what I want this duster to do and it will be done from the inside out.

Ph, I almost forgot.

Windshields going in this week!!!!!!!

No more bugs in my teeth on neighborhood test-n-tune's.

I'm looking at a solid roller cam and edelbrock performer RPM for the old girl this winter but don't anybody tell the wife.

Terry:toothy10::toothy10:

Ph, I almost forgot.

Windshields going in this week!!!!!!!

No more bugs in my teeth on neighborhood test-n-tune's.

lol! I always wondered if I'd get pulled over in the RC if tried that.

I'm looking at a solid roller cam and edelbrock performer RPM for the old girl this winter but don't anybody tell the wife.

Terry:toothy10::toothy10:

Different carb too?

Finish the bodywork on the Ramcharger then get it painted. Start on the Duster by moving it to the most convienent area in the garage where I can get all the way around it yet not be in the way if I have other vehicle maintenance to do.

I'll start by pulling the engine/trans/k-frame/rear end and set the body high on jack stands to asess any under carriage work that must be performed and make sure the subframes are square. Weld in subframe connectors then move on to any found issues on the under carriage. Move to reinforcing and painting the K-frame and adding tubular UCA/LCA. Maybe by spring I'll be ready to have a Dana 60 built.

The above will take at least this winter and probably spring too. I have a pretty clear vision of what I want this duster to do and it will be done from the inside out.

:cheers: I new you had a good plan :cheers:

I don't have a garage so I hired someone to do all the metal replacement and body work. I expect it to take most of the winter. Would love to be suprised. Expect a slick car when I get it back and then can start interior and installing engine and trans.
Have talked to a construction group to build something to park the Dart in.

New carpet in the valiant & hopefully saving enough pennies for disc brakes on the cuda.

Oldschoolcuda

I feel for you guys who have too put their cars up for the winter and dont get to take them out often. This winter We are going to drive the sh@t out of the Duster, We dont have the crazy weather and season like you guys do .Thank God we live in sunny California with our earthquakes (lol)

I feel for you guys who have too put their cars up for the winter and dont get to take them out often. This winter We are going to drive the sh@t out of the Duster, We dont have the crazy weather and season like you guys do .Thank God we live in sunny California with our earthquakes (lol)

And wildfires and landslides ect... i'll take the snow thank you,besides i still get to race for 7+ months..:-D

Lets see, Install 3/8's fuel line, swap out pwr disc for manual discs, paint engine compartment, new turn signal switch, replace broken bronze shifting fork with steel ones, new centerforce DF clutch, put motor back in (nightmare with headers, scattershield, moroso deep pan) and then drive it all winter!!!!! Thats right a Southern Kalifornia Desert Mopar Freak. Wildfires don't bother us much, no landslides, no rust, just dried up rubber parts. P.S. Earthquakes are just a form of entertainment!

todays plan was to clean the garage so i have room to work this winter. With the rain and a hangover i'm not sure how much will get done.

But the parts waiting for the dart are an AAR figerglass hood, rocky mountain dash to go in, install headliner, new fuse box, install relays for the headlights, change power steering box for a manual steering box, and put on my new Dougs ceramic coated headers and pypes X pipe exhaust.

I have a new set of drilled and slotted rotors for the front. New brake pads, hardware, new seals and Timken bearings, and caliper rebuild kits to go on... I'm going to swap in a '74 spool type K-member, which is going to be blasted and either powder coated or painted before it goes in. Install a new set of headers along the same time as the K-member, and get some exhaust ran this spring - true duals with super 40 flowmasters. Along with that is the 74 steering box, and linkage, along with the swaybar. Unless the Dodge Dakota power rack and pinion I have is going to work, which I will have to research more. I'm hoping to at least get a nice used set of 3.55 gears in the 8.25 rear, and maybe even a posi unit. If I change out the gears, I'm gonna try to get some 1-2" lowering blocks on the rear. If things work out, I'll have the A/C reinstalled and working by next summer. AND, money permitting, I'm going to install some new trunk extensions and rear quarters. And money permitting some more I have an A500 auto overdrive trans that I'll rebuild and upgrade to stand up to maybe 500 horses, fab a crossmember and install that.... Get my speedometer working.... Did I leave anything out??... hmm let me think....

Well guys. Call me crazy. But I put the driveshaft in this
afternoon. Took it for a test drive. Snow spitting from the sky.
The vibration is gone. One project down, more to go.
I know there won't be any more test drives this year!

I guess I have to keep my eyes and ears open for a complete 4 speed set up for 55redneck, oh and a A body 8 3/4 or 8 1/4 diff as well this winter. Hey if you guys find any of these items Let 55Redneck know will ya .

-
Back