What are you doing to your car this winter?

-

briankaplan

greenduster
Reaction score
After what Skep419 is doing. Was wondering what everone else
is going to do?
I'm putting on the new headers and just got my big U-joint
driveshaft back from the machine shop. To put in. Also got
an assortment of MSD chips to use next year. Also hope to
find a good deal on a drivers floor to install.
Hope I get it all done by spring. LOL!!

Good luck with the winter to-do list Brian. Id bet you can get it al done even if its a mad dash at the end. For me it would be easier to list what I DONT have on my list. I have to keep focused on 1 thing at a time or else I get sidetracked so bad nothing gets completed.

I PUT THE 73 DART SPORT IN STORAGE LAST WEEK.I,M WAITING ON A 66 DART TO BE BROUGHT UP FROM ALABAMA.THAT SHOULD FEEP ME BUSY OVER THE WINTER MONTHS.ALSO I,M GETTING LOTS OF LAY-OFF WEEKS FROM WORK(FORD EMPLOYEE)THE SALES ARE SLOW AND EVERYBODY WILL BE SHOPPING FOR-XMAS GIFTS.WE ARE GONNA START MAKING LINCOLN MKT IN THE NEW YEAR!20,000 OF THEM ,OH BOY:angry7:

I am looking at a complete new paint job and do most of the prep work myself. A corner and door at a time for this old fart.
Long blocking the hole car and a good sealer sprayed on after I have nit picked it and hung new fender and let her ride and then
I am like Badawg:-D
one thing at a time:toothy10: but when the car is getting ready for paint the front
disk brakes are on the list to be completed before the paint goes on.
that way I can get the engine bay sealed and painted before the dual master cylinder and lines for the dick brake swap is installed.

Thank you for this great thread briankaplan :cheers:

Ah, geez, the list goes on and on.

Change the power steering box to a manual steering box.
Exhaust from the headers back.
Change the gears in the 8 3/4, either pumpkin as a whole or just the gears.
Front discs.
Wider steel rims.
Need a front wheel alignment.
Drive shaft shortened.
etc etc etc.

Well, if nobody buys my 72 Sat., I am going to start this week by finishing the body on it and painting shortly thereafter. Once that's done, I'll drop the engine back in it and see if I can get it to run. After that, it's back for sale again as a partial project for someone else with more $$ to finish.

Then, I am going to finish the body and paint on my 70 Challenger R/T and start to put it back together for sale also.

I am trying desparatley to get out of debt so everything is going to go.

Once the Satellite sell, I am also going to look for a new Mopar to be my daily driver that I can fix up as I drive it. I've got my eyes on a couple of A-bodies around town here. Hopefully one will still be available in a couple of weeks. They are not "worth as much" as my Satellite will be so my balance sheet will show a net debt reduction. That will hopefully be my biggest upgrade - lower debt payments.

Install new carpet in my duster and install the new bucket seats. Put my 8 3/4 together and put it under the duster and drop my 408 into my spirit.

I'd like to get my neverending interior project done. Still need to paint the inside of the doors and install my new door panels. I have a floor shift steering column to swap in. I'll probably pay an interior shop to put the headliner in. THEN I have to figure out what to do about my nasty looking dash.

Oh did I mention that we mini tubbed it last summer so that I can install big tires, new wheels and disc brakes?!?!?

Finish the body work and paint,then on to interior for the Duster,search for parts for my 383 b block build

well i bought a new engine, wiper,a/c wire harness from evans and bought a mp dist along with a magnum cap adapter so i can get rid of the MSD ign for a stock style set up. all i have to do is decide what ecu i want to run. would also like to put the new carpet and some bucket seats in the car but i'm not sure if i'll be able to get the seats this winter.

WEll lets see

Build new stroker motor (blew old one up)
Replace strearing gear
fix charging system
new torque converter
find some bucket seats
build new concole

on & on & on ....................................................................

If Obama leaves me any money

Hopefully painting my Dart, but last night I had to customers saying there car was next.

Hopefully I'm going to route brake lines, build and install a motor and trans, put the glass in and have this thing moving in the spring!

Well lets see..rebuild the frontend,send tranny to my trans. guy to have him go through it,send converter back to Ultimate to have him check it out its got a few seasons on it,send my Edelbrocks out to have more port/polish work done,put a nice solid cam in the 360..go faster in the spring:cheers::cheers:

Where to start- Put 340 &727 in dart, Relocate springs, minitub, Get more streetable gears, 3.91s prefered, do bbp front swap, swaybars. That should keep me busy this winter.

Winterize... put cover on ....hope the little rodents dont eat it.

Sit back and start thinking about if I need to sell it.

-RPM

The bumpers are getting tired looking so I am going to pull them and have them rechromed. I am also going to put in the Autorust Technicians torque boxes to go along with the sub-frame connectors I put in two years ago.

Try to have it running and driving by March for the local spring fling. And then start the wifes Cuda.

As much as I possibly can. I have a ton of work to do on my 65 Cuda. Paint engine compartment, reinstall interior including the dash and all the wiring ( I suck at wiring), find a good running 360, find a 4 speed and a beefier rear end, front disc brake conversion, new brake lines everywhere and that's just the tip of the iceburg. The only thing that's together on my car is the body, the rest I have to put together and I didn't take it apart so there will be a lot of questions posted by me over the winter asking what is this and where does it go. ;)

Get done polishing the front bezels,headlight covers. Pull the gas tank and have it boiled out or replaced, install a gas tank sending unit for the new AutoMeter gauges, have my sun visors repaired, have the hood inserts rechromed.

All I can think of right now.

Working out some bugs, and hopefully putting some bugs through the grilles.

Installing carpet, all the door glass and regulators, and all the interior stuff. Building a custom false rear seat back with a false rear seat bottom that will be used as a storage compartment for tools and stuff.

Building a custom center console if I have time.

Hmm..

I will most likely disassemble my car some more, remove the rear axle, the K-frame with all off its components. What I HOPE to do is make new rear leaf spring hangers and weld in the rear inner wheel housings. The previous owner removed them with intention to make a strip car out of my car. So welding it is. I also hope to find the time to weld all off the car and at least prime the body. The car in question is a -67 Barracuda Formula 383S with a 4spd. It came with the original everything except the intake and gear shift mechanism. This resto will however last some time since cost is an issue.

To my non A-body, a -62 Valiant /6/4spd, I will make it ready for usage until spring. Paint the engine, gearbox and rearaxle green, weld up the floors and make it ready for paint, perhaps this way. Cost is an issue so this will be built somewhat the cheapo way, but still not try to take shortcuts.

The ole duster has been up on blocks since July 2007 so the up-side is that in order to winterize her I have to do exactly nothing!

Here is hoping for 2009.

-LY

-
Back