What are you listening to ?

-
I think I might have posted this one before but it still blows me away every time I see it. Killer song and a great performance especially considering they might have run through it once or twice before they played it before an audience. Watch Joe's big smile and the bass player's reaction at the end. Turn it up!!!

Maybe I posted this one before but it's an unusual song and very beautiful, and worth listening how clean Sarah Lee Guthrie and her husband's guitar work is, without a drummer. Must have taken many practice sessions.

Pretty stormy here today. Can't get out (streets flooded, trees down). Electric is back on, though. So just jammin' and having a bowl of beans and rice. Yum!!!

I love the music of Mercedes Sosa, may she rest in the arms of G-d......

She is joined here by Joan Baez. I believe I like this rendition even more than her original solo version......

hello.gif
Best regards from Texas,

Harry

Pretty stormy here today. Can't get out (streets flooded, trees down). Electric is back on, though. So just jammin' and having a bowl of beans and rice. Yum!!!

I love the music of Mercedes Sosa, may she rest in the arms of G-d......

She is joined here by Joan Baez. I believe I like this rendition even more than her original solo version......

View attachment 1715158528 Best regards from Texas,

Harry

Thanks to my Colombian wife, I have an appreciation for Latin music. Good stuff, thanks for posting.

:thumbsup: Small world indeed! My wife's grandfather came to the US from Canada. And our favourite show is the Murdoch Mysteries, set in Toronto circa 1890's. We unplugged from cable and satellite about 15 years ago and can pull in the signal here with our flat antenna.

I understand....... My Step-dad was a Louisiana man from an old Creole French family. I grew up in the bayou country of SW Louisiana and East Texas until my folks moved up to the Texas hill country as I began high school in the early '60s. As such, I have an appreciation for the Acadien culture, as well. Especially enjoy the songs of Zachary Richard. He has played in Canada many times over the years, as well.......

This one is a real tear jerker if you understand the French, but I had to include it here......

L'Angelus performing this song......

Best regards,

Harry

:thumbsup: Small world indeed! My wife's grandfather came to the US from Canada. And our favourite show is the Murdoch Mysteries, set in Toronto circa 1890's. We unplugged from cable and satellite about 15 years ago and can pull in the signal here with our flat antenna.

I understand....... My Step-dad was a Louisiana man from an old Creole French family. I grew up in the bayou country of SW Louisiana and East Texas until my folks moved up to the Texas hill country as I began high school in the early '60s. As such, I have an appreciation for the Acadien culture, as well. Especially enjoy the songs of Zachary Richard. He has played in Canada many times over the years, as well.......

This one is a real tear jerker if you understand the French, but I had to include it here......

L'Angelus performing this song......

Best regards,

Harry

Cool. Claudia and I love Murdoch Mysteries too. Great show and I like how they put historical figures into it.

Thoroughly enjoyed those tunes. Lac Bijou is a lovely song. My French is pretty rusty though. Sounds sad.

Cheers,

Steve

Cool. Claudia and I love Murdoch Mysteries too. Great show and I like how they put historical figures into it.

Thoroughly enjoyed those tunes. Lac Bijou is a lovely song. My French is pretty rusty though. Sounds sad.

Cheers,

Steve

Thanks, Steve! Appreciate that! Here is the English translation of 'Au bord du Lac Bijou'......

Zachary Richard - Au bord du Lac Bijou

Many parallels to the story of my Step-dad and my Mom.

Best regards,

Harry

icon_biggrin.gif
P.S. >>> As we are less than 2 weeks beyond St. Paddy's Day......

-
Back