What are you listening to ?

-

My sister in law just passed away, this came to mind. I shared it with all my friends and family.
It was sudden.

Cool. Claudia and I love Murdoch Mysteries too. Great show and I like how they put historical figures into it.

Thoroughly enjoyed those tunes. Lac Bijou is a lovely song. My French is pretty rusty though. Sounds sad.

Cheers,

Steve

Steve, I found a translation of the song into English. By Zachary Richard himself and much better than I could translate it. I suspect the Creole French dialect of South Louisiana might be difficult for someone from present day Canada or France to understand, as it has evolved pretty much on its own throughout the bayou country here since the mid-1700s. From the time of le grand dérangement as it is called.

And you are right...... Not a dry eye in our home when this song is played. Many parallels to the devotion my Step-dad had for my Mom. Both passed within 5-1/2 weeks of one another......

Zachary Richard - Au bord du Lac Bijou

Best regards,

Harry

Steve, I found a translation of the song into English. By Zachary Richard himself and much better than I could translate it. I suspect the Creole French dialect of South Louisiana might be difficult for someone from present day Canada or France to understand, as it has evolved pretty much on its own throughout the bayou country here since the mid-1700s. From the time of le grand dérangement as it is called.

And you are right...... Not a dry eye in our home when this song is played. Many parallels to the devotion my Step-dad had for my Mom. Both passed within 5-1/2 weeks of one another......

Zachary Richard - Au bord du Lac Bijou

Best regards,

Harry

Thanks, Harry. I will listen to this later when I get home from work. Good music can evoke cherished memories and feelings we have for people who are important to us. I think I listened to a cover of CCR's "Long As I Can See The Light" by Ted Hawkins 30 times or more the day my dad passed away. It just seemed appropriate somehow. I still tear up every time I listen to it.

Cheers,

Steve

???? what happened Admin ????
My post disappeared ???
I will try again......"Back to Shalla-Bal"

Last edited:
-
Back