What are you listening to ?

-
I'll never forget watching an F-15 break the speed of sound in a vertical climb. Nighttime was best. Twas the sound of freedom.

I'll never forget watching an F-15 break the speed of sound in a vertical climb. Nighttime was best. Twas the sound of freedom.

That reminds me of a story that my dad told me...

He was on a destroyer in the Navy and one time a pilot was taking off from an aircraft carrier in an F-4 Phantom when the engine stumbled for a second and it almost hit the drink... He said that the smart *** pilot lifted the nose and did the speed of sound vertical... :D

One of my favorite songs ever. I wasn't sure anyone listened to Yes anymore.

LOL I thought the F-15 pilots were highfalutin back then too. Now in retrospect I realize they were simply badasses preserving our freedom at any cost. The 49th TFW was phasing out the Phantom at Holloman AFB when I arrived. Never knew the F-4 could go speed of sound vertical! They were referred to as 'pigs' because they were loud and smoky. I got to sit around for months before the first F-15A arrived. Got to serve in Mr. Reagan's Rapid Deployment Force, a real honor. Tutor et Ultor = 'I protect and avenge'

Rick Wakeman on keyboards, got to see this version of Yes live.

Last edited:
-
Back