What are you listening to ?

-
Last Friday I was listening to this:

20210514_182125.jpg

It's a 1974 Pioneer SX-727 receiver and circa 1991 Klipsh 5.5 speakers.

My friend got them at an estate sale.

They are fairly well matched. True 48 watt RMS on the 727 and 100 WPC rating on the Klipsh.

Those speakers are huge and heavy.

We played everything from "Master Of Puppets" to "Aja".

From the "what are the odds" file:

I have the exact same receiver model.

I knew I was in trouble as a parent when we took the 4yr old daughter to the county fair to see Buffett. 2nd song she was standin' on her chair dancin' :lol: OMG she's already a parrothead :eek:

How could you forget Autumn Stone?
I did not forget about autumn stone,it was more a stereo shop with old guys mulling around.I don't remember a lot records being there.I was just a kid when I went in there after a movie at the Odeon.

The Autumn Stone was a hip local shop in the 1970s that sold records, comics, head shop paraphernalia and hand-crafted leather goods. Named after a Small Faces album, the store was modeled on Electric Fetus in Minneapolis. Partners James Speiss, Eric Green and Bill Kelly opened on Graham Avenue in 1971. The following year it moved to 304 Kennedy Street, north of Portage Avenue, and Free Press music columnist Andy Mellen had become a co-owner. The shop closed its doors in January 1980.
autumn.jpg

That does not look anything like the store I walked into.There was not that many records when I was there.
I came out of the Odeon after watching the secret war of harry frigg and wandered around checking out all the head shops and record stores down town.

-
Back