What are you listening to ?

-
I was lucky enough to see Magic Slim and the Teardrops twice at the Silver Dollar Room in Toronto. In those days it was the premier blues club in Toronto. The first time coincidentally the Stones were playing the Skydome that night. Anyway, my buddy Nick said he'd go with me even though "I don't like the blues". Anyway, 3 songs into the first set he leans over and says to me "Damn, this guy is ******* good". After the first set we're standing at the end of the bar getting some beers. There are 10 bourbon shots lined up along the bar. Slim comes over and sits down. He starts knocking them back. We chatted with him for most of the break. When he was due back he gets up, shakes our hands, signs the CDs we bought earlier and goes to get ready for the second set. He was even better the second set after the bourbon shots. Afterwards, I got the bass player and the drummer to sign the cd as well, ended up talking to the drummer for 15 minutes as he was packing up. No roadies for a working blues band. Naturally, he'd grown up with the blues and was really living his dream playing with a legend. Second guitar was nowhere to be found to sign, drummer told me forget it, he's a prick, hates everyone. LOL

Magic Slim-Still a Fool - YouTube

When we have tandem zoom calls the "old school" Sesame Street vids come out! (to keep the babies occupied)

Anyone else remember the...

Last edited:
-
Back