What are you welding with?

-
Doesn't look like Craig is around. Hope he didn't electrocute himself..................

Thanks for all of the replies. I’ve been looking on marketplace but everything I’m seeing looks like worn out junk to me. I’ve been looking at those Everlast welders that @PROSTOCKTOM mentioned. Thinking about pulling the trigger on their MTS225 model.

I had asked you--you mentioned "big Lincolns"...............you can't use one of those for TIG?
I could, but they’re so huge and heavy it’s not worth dragging them out of storage over to my concrete pad where I work on things. Also I don’t have any of the cables for them so if I’m going to invest in a welder it might as well be one I actually want.

Thanks for all of the replies. I’ve been looking on marketplace but everything I’m seeing looks like worn out junk to me. I’ve been looking at those Everlast welders that @PROSTOCKTOM mentioned. Thinking about pulling the trigger on their MTS225 model.

You will love an Everlast welder. Free Shipping, No Sales Tax, and the 5-year warranty that no one else even come close to offering.

Tom

Well, if we’re having show and tell… I have an Everlast 80S plasma cutter I’ve never used. Picked it up with a complete Miller welding table setup, and a Miller 130XP and a bunch of other welding stuff, much of it never used, at an estate sale. I also have a 300A P&H tig setup I haven’t used in over 20 years. It has a water-cooled torch and a foot pedal that looks like it came out of dragster. I’d love to find a home for it. It needs a dedicated 100A breaker to feed if you want full power.

View attachment 1716065273

View attachment 1716065274

View attachment 1716065275

View attachment 1716065276
Lol,
Lots of us have lots of welders, and torches too.

All serve a different purpose, and relate to what we were doing at time of purchase.

You can make and repair so many things with a welder that you got to have at least a couple of them.

Almost as important at the first shop purchase of the > 220 v large volume shop air compressors.

☆☆☆☆☆

Decided to go ahead and order the Everlast. I was initially planning on the 225 model. But for another $400 I could get the 275 model. Go big or go home right?
I’m excited to be able to weld whatever the hell I want.

This things a beast. I love it so far.
1F3DCE70-3154-4915-8949-21CCE44A1A06.jpeg

You should be able to handle most jobs with that setup. I curious if it has separate gas inputs for the MIG and TIG operations?

Tom

Millermatic 211 here. I LOVE the automatic settings.
However, if you are looking to also do stich and TIG, this machine won't do that.

at work i have a Lincoln Powertec i250, Europe Industirial version synergetic Perfect MIG welder for sheet metal up to heavy 1/4" + steel.
MIG is way easier to handle, less sensitive for rust, overhead welding. TIG means learn learn, perfect gaps, decreased and needs way more skills. I use a TIG from Stahlwerk at home.
Torch rod welding is easier than TIG, perfekt for bending, filling gaps, but always fire danger.
Laserwelding is the ultimate and expensive way to weld. Almost no heat imput to the material!

For the longest time all I used was Lincoln. I went from the Lowe's 135 amp machine to an older Square Wave 200 amp tig machine. I switched to a Miller Millermatic 211 mig. Now I'm on Everlast. I use an Everlast PowerTig 255ext almost everyday.

Millermatic 215. I have the TIG equipment and argon tank. I just got brazing rod which I have excited to try out.

20200926_125213.jpg

-
Back