What are your water temps?

-

Petty Blu 72

Reaction score
After mine warms up, it seems to run about 180.
Is that acceptable? My modern day cars run much hotter.
What do yours run?
(Outside temp here in Cali today was about 71 degrees.)

Attachments

• Duster side engine 2-23.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 221
Right now I'm running about 180. During the summer it's 195 and in traffic it goes higher. That's all with a 160 thermostat. Everything is changing this week.

it will idle all day at a steady 180 degrees even in bumper to bumper traffic on a 95 degree day. running a 7 blade fan, no shroud, 3 row copper rad.

it will idle all day at a steady 180 degrees even in bumper to bumper traffic on a 95 degree day. running a 7 blade fan, no shroud, 3 row copper rad.

PERFECT!!!!!!!!!:cheers:

Not my a bodies, my D50. But it is an older small block

Runs 190-200 in traffic, 220-225 if I'm towing with it.

22" 3 row copper Charger Radiator, 7 Blade Solid Fan, no shroud (no room for a shroud), unknown thermostat. With an .060 Over 273 Small Block. Fan is drawing air through the radiator, transmission cooler, and A/C Condenser. If I could fit a shroud on it, I'm sure I could keep it down around 210 when towing

Between 180 and 210 depending on traffic, and running a 190 thermostat
26 inch two row radiator and thermostat controlled electric fan.

I guess I should mention that the electric fan does not come on unless the temp gets up to 210, and then it shuts off when the temp gets back down to 190.
When the car is rolling it never comes on.

180-185 never varies. 22" '65 vintage Mopar rad, 3 core, 160 thermostat, factory Mopar steel shroud and 7 blade fan, no clutch. Serious built 322 cu. in.

Mine is right around 195-200. It will creep up to about 215 or so and then the fans come on and cool it right back down. This is with the block filled to just above the freeze plugs.

-
Back