What battery is everyone using

-
Exide Maxxima, or EP450 these days.
If you've ever experienced the power output of a gel battery you'll wonder why you ever want to buy regular car batteries again.

Hey just wondering if youve ran the exide Ep450. I’m in Canada and would have to order one from the UK but the colour scheme looks like it would also go excellent, so I don’t mind spending a bit extra. I noticed it was a marine application but is pretty similar spec wise to my current Napa legend 34-a . I have a 73 dart with a built 340 and 727. Any issues running these marine batteries , it’s AGM of course which I heard is good for vibration, are people opting agm because of the shaky motors in our vehicles ?

Exide Maxxima, or EP450 these days.
If you've ever experienced the power output of a gel battery you'll wonder why you ever want to buy regular car batteries again.
Able to swing me a message bigblockmopar? Your inbox is full. Much appreciated.

Turbostart AGM Group 27 Red Cap Mopar Restoration Battery. 4.5 years old
Battery tender connected over the winter and when not driving for long periods.
AGM is the way to go. I happen to like the Mopar vintage look too.
Group 27 instead of 24 for the additional CCA and reserve, fits easy and I'm not worried about the weight. It has been reliable and cranks my 418 stroker with ease.
In my Duramax I run 2 Blem Interstates... 2 of those cost less than one of these.
Interstate Blems in every other vehicle, boat, trailer, RV just not my Mopars...
View attachment 1715062509
  • Valve Regulated, Sealed Maintenance Free design
  • Absorbent Glass Mat technology
  • Group 27 Battery
  • Genuine hard rubber case; exact detailing
  • MOPAR PERFORMANCE officially licensed
  • Crank Amps @ 32°F: 960
  • Cold Crank Amps @ 0° F: 775
  • Reserve Capacity: 135 min @ 25amps
  • Length 12"Width 6 3/4"
  • Height 9"
  • Dry Weight 59 lbs.

7 years and counting...

Bumping this old topic rather than starting a new one since it's relevant.

I've just been using an old battery I had sitting around for a while, but now I'd like to get the correct battery size. The 64 Valiant manual says I should be using either a VV-1 or VP1-VP2 model identification number MB-24-48, but I"m not sure what that means. Mines a bit of an odd ball, it's got a 1973 225 cu. in. engine with electronic ignition and a 1980 904 auto transmission. I've also installed power seats.

From looking through this thread, I'm thinking I need a group size 24 battery? Sorry for the ignorant question. This was put on the back burner for a while and I'm jumping back in. I'm sure this is a simple question that I just don't know the answer to.

battery.png

Looks like a group 24 to me. Bigger motor, more powerful version of a 24. Just about any group 24 should be plenty for a /6.
I have bought several duracell lead acid batteries lately from Sam's club. The duracell amg's dont have any more power, or longer warrantee than the lead acid wet cells.Two 78s for my pickup, two deep cycle 24s for my lift gate (one supposedly "new" interstate took a dump, was draining the other three batteries in the truck, a 27 for my Plymouth, and I have an old red top in the the car with the horrible battery access. New red top for that car when it needs one.

-
Back