What bolt pattern

-

Shamrock--WV2NC

Reaction score
I have a 74 Dart Swinger originally a 318. It has 15x7 police wheels on it now. Not sure bolt pattern.
I searched bolt pattern trying to figure out how to measure to see what bolt pattern I have. I got a bunch of results but not what I was looking for. Can someone post a diagram or pic of how to measure.
I drive my car everyday and really should have a spare in the trunk.
Thanks

With one lug studs at the top. Measure from the center of the lug stud at 10:00 to the outside of the lug stud at 2:00.

It won't measure exactly 4" or 4.5" but will be obvious

85048_ArticleSection_XL_ae40f61a-36bc-4e54-8a5d-3fa1daa6749b.jpg

If they're really police wheels then they're 5x4.5", police wheels only came in the "big" bolt pattern.

Here's a diagram of how to measure though
measure-rim-bolt-pattern.png

Does it have disk brakes? If so, it'll be 4.5" B.C. That started in '73. AFAIK, '73-'76 with fr. drums stayed 4" til the end

The 15" cop wheels never came in the small bolt pattern so that kinda narrows it down just a little bit.

The 15" cop wheels never came in the small bolt pattern so that kinda narrows it down just a little bit.
Problem is, there are after market wheels that copy the factory "style", that may or may not be identical to the factory dimensions. I have a set of "rally" wheels. The front are 14 inch 5.5 wide with a 5 on 4 inch bolt pattern. The rear are 15 inch 7 inch wide with the 5 on 4 inch bolt bolt pattern.

Problem is, there are after market wheels that copy the factory "style", that may or may not be identical to the factory dimensions. I have a set of "rally" wheels. The front are 14 inch 5.5 wide with a 5 on 4 inch bolt pattern. The rear are 15 inch 7 inch wide with the 5 on 4 inch bolt bolt pattern.

No reproduction cop wheels in SBP either.

-
Back