What Brand Carburetor?????

-
Hi everyone I was wondering what brand 750cfm carb I should go with? Holley, Edelbrock, Demon, etc.... What brand should I go with and why? All replys, suggestions, and opinions appreciated thanks. This is for a 360 im trying to make at least 350hp:burnout:
Quick fuel. No question The rest are junk compared to Quick fuel and they a lot easily adjusted.

I was wrong about my recommendations. It is Pro Systems that I tell people to go with. I have no idea about Quick Fuel and what they have.....

They all come down to having the right hands on them for tuning it to your application.

Chassis dyno time is your friend on subjects such as this...

JW

Hi everyone I was wondering what brand 750cfm carb I should go with? Holley, Edelbrock, Demon, etc.... What brand should I go with and why? All replys, suggestions, and opinions appreciated thanks. This is for a 360 im trying to make at least 350hp:burnout:
What Intake?
What are you trying to do with those ponies? 1/4 mile? max dyno numbers? Track (road couse) ?
Are you planning on tuning and development or something as simple as possible to be close out of the box?

Im gonna run a Weiand stealth intake. The car is gonna be a daily driver. I want the most power i can get out of the motor with just bolt on stuff. i bought a set of long tube headers. gonna put dual exhaust with x pipe and flowmasters. Also waiting to get some money so i can buy a cam kit. Im gonna bu the comp cam XE 262. Well with the ponies i wanna just have them so when i see some POS honda/tokyo toy trying to show off i wanna show off my American muscle lol. As for the carbs i know nothing about edelbrocks. Never bought or used one. ive always liked and used holleys. they look better than edelbrocks. But looks dont mean nothing. I can pick up some used edelbrocks cheap right now. i also found a nice used holley 750dp for $100. I bought a new holley 650 for it but read that with the cam im gonna use i need a 750 so that holley will most likely go on my truck

Im gonna run a Weiand stealth intake.
That means it must be a 'square bore' pattern carb.
Hood clearance will be tight with any high rise dual plane. Something to keep an eye on. Drop base cleaners are a work around but can cause weird flows past the vents and/or restrict the air if you're not careful.
The car is gonna be a daily driver. ...Im gonna bu the comp cam XE 262. Well with the ponies i wanna just have them so when i see some POS honda/tokyo toy trying to show off i wanna show off my American muscle lol.
HP goes up with rpm. On the street you'll want to focus on Torque.
That cam will be good for torque. So do the math or look at Holley's website for sizing the double pumper or vac secondary carb of your choice. Off the top of my head, a 600 or 650 will be perfect for a guy that wants bolt on performance. If you really want potential for more cfm, then a VS up to 750. QF makes a 725 IIRC and there's the ole Holley 3310.
As for the carbs i know nothing about edelbrocks. Never bought or used one. ive always liked and used holleys. they look better than edelbrocks. But looks dont mean nothing. I can pick up some used edelbrocks cheap right now. i also found a nice used holley 750dp for $100. I bought a new holley 650 for it but read that with the cam im gonna use i need a 750 so that holley will most likely go on my truck
If do Ed'ks are based on the Carters. They had a rep for better than average good out of the box performance than new Holleys. However they have more adjustability, so you'll need to learn more about carbs to tune them. But they do let you tune for more variety of conditions without breaking out the wires, drills and tapps. Avoid the 750 as the several reputable sources report the booster is too high. It can be extended, but that doesn't match what you're asking for.

-
Back