What brand of dish soap for slicks?

-

RockinRobin

Reaction score
Going to get a spare pair of slicks soon. But I used up all of my Palmolive on the last pair. I was told years ago to use Palmolive, but I was wondering what else everybody uses. Tubeless slicks of course.

Most racers I know use Dawn.

In my Bracket cars where every hundred is not that
critical = I just use Racing Tubes (Not Cheap).

I use dawn. But for what slicks cost, I think it is BS you need to do that. I don't recall having that sidewall leakage problem in the '70's and '80's.
As for tubes, there are slicks in sizes that do not have tubes available. I have a set of 10x23x13 M&H. Tubes? forget it.

I use dawn. But for what slicks cost, I think it is BS you need to do that. I don't recall having that sidewall leakage problem in the '70's and '80's.
As for tubes, there are slicks in sizes that do not have tubes available. I have a set of 10x23x13 M&H. Tubes? forget it.
Been doing the Dawn or Palmolive since the early 80's. It was the sprint cars that I learned it on. Loosing air pressure during the big lap races would change tire diameter. Our tire man showed us the Dawn trick and also to use nitrogen which would prevent tire grow from pressure change due to heat.

Going to get a spare pair of slicks soon. But I used up all of my Palmolive on the last pair. I was told years ago to use Palmolive, but I was wondering what else everybody uses. Tubeless slicks of course.
-------------------------------DAWN -----------------------------

I'd advise looking up Pittsburgh racers thread on the soap, the other details are great.

I believe I said “not trying to reinvent the wheel just asking” if that’s offensive my apologies. The reason I ask is Murphys is an actual tire soap,and has been for fifty years.It is made for sealing beads.

@toolmanmike please read post 16....
Make it happen please!!
"How about a little slick tech" is the thread title

I believe I said “not trying to reinvent the wheel just asking” if that’s offensive my apologies. The reason I ask is Murphys is an actual tire soap,and has been for fifty years.It is made for sealing beads.
Well then I'd say it's been tried (not to be a smart ***)

I thought this forum was for asking questions? Thought dawn was for washing ducks not sealing tires. (not to be a smart ***)

I thought this forum was for asking questions? Thought dawn was for washing ducks not sealing tires. (not to be a smart ***)
Lol, it is for washing ducks too and probably baby sea turtles. It is a multipurpose soap.

-
Back