What Brand Paint should I get?

-

Dustedu2

Reaction score
Whats a good brand paint, I have a paint/body guy that is going to paint it, I just want to get some opinions. Coronet convertible, he said about 1 gallon paint 2 gallons clear. About $800 budget for paint/supplies.

I put PPG on my car 10 years ago and it looks great now. It maybe more than 800 bucks. I have seen a cheaper system from Matrix and its looked pretty good and i have herd good things about it.

I was thinking PPG myself. I think that was who chrysler was using back in the day,

You will not get a gallon of paint and 2 gallons of clear for $800 (PPG) Try PPG paint and Transtar clear, nice stuff and 1/2 the price.

i'd save for the PPG clear. because the cheaper clears don't have the shine or thats what i have always seen when i used cheaper clears. i would rather use cheaper paint and PPG clear

How about PPG base and Southern Polyurethanes clear? I really like PPG and thus far I really like SPI. Several people on this site use and have good things to say about SPI. I have used their production clear for the underside of the car and etching epoxy primer for the same. My base coat is eastwood's.

-
Back