11:1 compression
comp 246/254 571/571 hyd. roller
indy rhs heads soon to be ported 2.02/1.625
air gap intake
pro systems 950 flows 830
turbo action 4000 stall
373 gears.
76 dart 3350w/me
well the car ran 11.40 @ 116. I wanna get around 11.00s and having my heads ported and wanna change to a solid roller. What cam would you recommend? im going back to 4.10 gears. I just wanna have more upper end. Right now it looses power past 6200. well thanks for looking and appreciate your ideas thanks.

just brought one of these, crower 34701, works awesome on desktop dyno,see soon how it goes for real. 410 stroker.

Just out of curiousity - what does it cross the traps at in terms of rpm now? What tire size? What are you shifting at?

W/373 gears I'm shifting at 6100 and going thru the traps at 6000 rpm. I have 27x10.5 Mickey thompson .

Ok. I was concerned about the convertor there but sounds fine. What are you expecting from the heads in terms of flow? Will you be having them flowed after they are ported?

Yes I was told that they should flow around 295-297 max flow and that's at .550 and 600 lift.

So will they be tested or you're just believing them? That's ok if you're fine with that - the reason I ask is if you are going to have your heads flowed after - I'd wait until you have that result before you choose a cam.

Brian from imm engines is gonna be doing them and they will be tested. I was thinking that what you said is a good idea to wait until the heads are done.

Wouldn't Brian be the best guy to tell you which cam? From what I understand he is one of the best on the westcoast.

With those flow numbers you should run some 9's. flow numbers mean nothing.

Well with just the heads,intake being ported u can run ur same set up and I'm pretty sure u would be in the 11.0 mark ur wanting and not having to flip the bill on new cam.with my car went with same cam and picked up half second in the 8th mile with no tuning yet. All I did was port heads,and intake. Just throwing out a cheaper option because a buck is a buck...

My build is mild 408,11 to 1 eddy heads ported,victor ported,950 brawswell carb Hughes 550 lift hyd cam. And with just the porting it woke the car up enough I didn't need a new cam. I guess I could go solid and the list can go on,but I'm gonna run 100 shot down the road so opted out.. My 2 cents good luck on the ride

I was gonna ask Brian as well. Just thought I would get some ideas.

While that actual numbers can vary bench to bench the trends seen are usually the same regardless of the bench. It's the trends that really mean something. With Brian's ability and the fact that he's porting - I'd second the idea that he should work with you on the cam choice. I would also suggest a talk about the gearing change and possibly a convertor change depending on the diameter you have now once the engine's been tweaked.

-
Back