What can you tell me about my 'new' Dart?

-

RTom

Depressingly A-Bodyless..
Reaction score
So, I just traded a 69 340 block and a mostly complete 273 for this fairly stripped down Dart. Here are the fender tag and dash tag numbers off of it, what can you tell me about it?

LM23P9E125166

11 V88 Y14 END
5 F5 L2X X9 B30 128774
55 D21 LM23 P9E 125166

Anything you guys can tell me would greatly help!

Thanks guys, you rock!

Rich

1969 Dodge Dart 2-door hardtop
L Model Dodge Dart
M Class Medium
23 Body 2-door hardtop
P Engine V8 340 1-4BBL "LA" (High Performance)
9 Year 1969
E Assembly Los Angeles, California
125166 Serial 125166

The "55" on bottom line is "E55", probably rust made E hard to read. E55 is 340
D21 next on line is 4 speed.
Medium price class is Swinger.

The rest I don't know offhand, but it's a low option 340 4 speed Swinger. Great score imo. How rough is it?

I think somebody must have added the GT emblems as the VIN indicates it's a Swinger, not a GT. The GT VIN should be LP23 not LM23. Still, it's a 340 4 speed car so good score! Hope you don't need the 340 you just traded!

Thanks guys, I guess I should have explained it more. The guy told me it as a 69 340 4 speed swinger, but its pretty bare. I had planned on using parts off of it to fix up my Dart GT Convertible, is it something that is rare enough that I should keep it whole for someone to restore, or is it pretty common so me parting it out to fix up my Dart and my Dad's Dart isn't a problem?

My opinion: sell the car to a restorer and find a slant 6 or 318 Dart to use for parts. Keeping a 340 4 speed car intact is a no brainer.

Does anyone know what the fender tag means? I used to have a book that listed all of that stuff but I don't anymore.

Any idea on what a 69 340 4 speed swinger in bare condition could go for? ( some rust in the right quarter, other than that, pretty straight ).

Here ya go.

You need to clarify on a couple of the " unknown " numbers because it shows that there not correct....but I hope this gives you a good idea of the break down of the fender tag.

LM23:
Dodge Dart,Demon
Medium
2 Door Hardtop

P9E: 340 275HP 1-4BBL 8 CYL
Los Angeles, CA, USA

125166: Sequence number

E55: 340 cid 4 barrel V8 275hp
D21: 4 Speed Manual Transmission
5F5 : Unknown Exterior Color
L2X: Trim - Low, Vinyl Bench Seat, Black
X9: Black Int. Door Frames
B30: Build Date: November 30
128774: Order number

11: Unknown
V88: Tranverse Stripes, Deleted
Y14: Sold Car
END: End of Sales Codes

Dusterdude nailed it. F5 is medium green metallic. Cool little car that deserves to be saved. Please let it back out into the world and find a /6 or 318 car to part. Pics will make it clearer. Nice score!

I'll try to post pics as soon as I can.

Just curious, what would a bare interior/engine compartment 69 340 4 Speed go for? The only rust I found was on the rear passenger side quarter behind the wheel, nothing too major. I know pics will help, but any ball park ideas?

Thanks.

if it was a clean and complete car that basically needed engine and trans and a few odds and ends before it could be back on the road and maybe a good spit polishing ....I would say maybe $3,000.00 - $5,000.00 ....but it all depends on how bad a buyer wants it, how bad you want to sell it and todays market.

with it having a spot of rust and not having pictures or detailed info to go off of though ....my guess is just that.....a guess.

so detailed pictures would REALLY help in estimating its worth.

But to be honest it would be a great car to restore if it is as clean as you say and with it being a factory 340 4 speed car.

you could turn some really good profit out of it after its all said and done

I looked at the fender tag closer and was able to see some of the things better.

R11- Music Master Radio AM
V88-
Y14- Sold Car
F5-
F5-
L2-
X9-
B30-
E55- 340 4 BBL
D21- Heavy Duty 4 Speed Manual Transmission
LM23-
P9E-

The others, I don't know about. I'll try to get some pics posted soon.

Here are some pics of the car. It has a reverse light on the dash... I have never seen that before, what is it for?

DSCN6231.jpg

DSCN6233.jpg

DSCN6234.jpg

DSCN6235.jpg

DSCN6236.jpg

DSCN6237.jpg

DSCN6238.jpg

DSCN6239.jpg

DSCN6240.jpg

Reverse light is installed on manual transmission cars, lets you know that the reverse lights on the rear are working.

Nice solid car btw. I'd love to have it myself, it deserves to be restored.

I see the remains of a DLI sticker on the quarter window. Haven't seen one of those in a loooong time lol.

What do you guys think it is worth in its current condition?

I'd love to keep it myself but I can't keep both it and my Convertible...

It's not as clean/complete as I was expecting it to be but it is a well optioned car I would say on the high side your looking at $2500.00 I would say so any thing under that you could sell it for would probably be a decent deal but this car should for sure be saved.

yeah either build it or sell it! NEEDS SAVED! looks like the column has been replaced with a blue auto?..worth 2500-3200 imo

Looks like someone cut the passenger side motor mount perch off of the K frame?

yeah, someone cut the bracket off ( no clue why they would do that ). However, it is pretty sweet with the sway bar and everything.

I won't part this car out, I'm gonna try to get a bunch of pics and more info on it and post if for sale on here ( unless someone wants to pay me a ton of money to just keep it and restore it and my convertible :D )

-
Back