What carb do I have?

-

68fastback

Reaction score
I bought a Holley 650 a couple of years ago and never took it out of the box. I asked for a Holley 650 double pumper but before it arrived I sold the vehicle it was going on. The part number on the box is 0-80783S, and description of mechanical secondaries and manual choke. My problem is I am going to sell it for a 750 but I noticed this carb has vacuum secondaries and an electric choke. How can I tell what carb this really is. It definitely is not the part number on the box.(got to love Schucks)

look at the front of the carb. on the choke-neck, what are the 4 numbers on top?

model 4150, 650 cfm vac. secondary

not a double pumper....vac secondary

What is this worth? It has never been on a vehicle. Ive only taken it out of the box a couple of times lately.

I am going to put this up for sale on the other forum when I know how much to ask. But for now here's some pics!!!!

carb3.jpg

carb2.jpg

carb1.jpg

They are approx. a 400 dollor carb. Go to sumittracing.com or Jegs and price it out. It is brand new and it can be sold as such and for as much, but you'll have to take a minor hit when shipping gets involved.

In order to sell it for a max price, do a little figureing and pack it and weigh it as to figure out how much it will cost to send to the farest point away from you. Figure this price into the selling price.

Example, $415 shippied to your door, brand new never used Holley 650 vac./sec. carb. Save $10 over Summit and jegs, purchase what I don't need!

Is it just me or is that a metering block on the secondary side? I didn't think a 650 had a block..just a plate inside?

Is it just me or is that a metering block on the secondary side? I didn't think a 650 had a block..just a plate inside?

650 have the block 600 has the plate however one can install the block on a 600.

Holley 4150 series carbs have the metering block and 4160 series carbs do not. Metering block retrofit kits are available from Holley and other aftermarket sources, but don't forget that the distance between the fuel inlets will change so a new fuel line may be needed.

That's a nice carb 68fastback and I wish you luck on the sale. :cheers:

-
Back