What carbs work with 1972/1972 340 vacuum door air cleaners.

-

72SwingerJosh

Reaction score
I was wondering what after market carburetors will work with the 1972 1973 340 HP air cleaners. I was looking to see if any carburetor with mechanical secondaries would work with it and fit. Thanks.

Engine vacuum holds the trap door closed - floor it, the vacuum drops, the trap door opens. Now fit - that's another matter...

I was wondering what after market carburetors will work with the 1972 1973 340 HP air cleaners. I was looking to see if any carburetor with mechanical secondaries would work with it and fit. Thanks.

I'm wondering the same thing. I have a quick fuel that I'm hoping will fit on mine, what are running right now?

Jake

Have a street demon it fits on well but was looking to maybe try mechanical secondaries at some point.

Side note, mine leaks so I have it disconnected. Any way to actually repair them? I'm considering just cutting the mechanism off, tack-welding the door shut, and using epoxy like JB weld to fully enclose the door, thus making it a single-snorkel air cleaner.

Thoughts?

All aftermarket carbs work.

Don't seal the door closed! Leave it open and plug the vacuum port.

Side note, mine leaks so I have it disconnected. Any way to actually repair them? I'm considering just cutting the mechanism off, tack-welding the door shut, and using epoxy like JB weld to fully enclose the door, thus making it a single-snorkel air cleaner.

Thoughts?
That will kill the value of the air cleaner. You need a vacuum pod to swap it out with. I have one. PM me.

All aftermarket carbs work.

Don't seal the door closed! Leave it open and plug the vacuum port.

You will have to run a spacer between the carb and aircleaner on a Holley.

-
Back