What color for this project, yes started another one!

-

LAWFISH

Reaction score
]

sweptline truck question

OK, I have a question for you folks. I am now starting my truck project. Yes I am still working on the dart and others, but may be moving and selling soon, this spring, so I am trying to get some paint work done as I wont have a shop for a while if I do sell.

I have this 67 Power wagon/ short wide. It’s a little 318 and runs well, but its in sad shape metal wise. It’s a truck that spent its whole life in the Lake Tahoe and severe snow area. It’s a 4 speed truck but someone placed a piece of wood in the bed years ago and the bed rusted. The last owner hit a tree at low speed and damaged the rt fender, hood and grille areas. The pass side door has some rust as well as the pass side rocker.

So I also have this 63 Dodge short wide 2x4. I wanted to make this a street truck but since I have been unable to find a donor for my 67, I have decided to use this as a parts truck. I have removed the front clip and pass side door.
Its now time to choose a color combo for the power wagon.

I thought I would involve you and see what feedback I get. I simply want some feedback on what color combo you guys think may look best.

I am just trying to finish up my 67 Dart, which is now Q5 turquoise metallic, pictured below with white interior and stripes when finished.

The P.W is also a 67 and I was thinking it would be kind of cool to do it white cab as pictured now over the same Q5. I do like the color but thought that these two work horsed side by side that way would be cool.

I also have a passion for Viper red, the color of the 70 Cuda vert and was even thinking Petty blue with a white cab like my 72 Cuda.

I do like some of the other trucks on here like Bigdads silver sweptline and Gts red truck.

So what color would you shoot it? Any other suggestions? How do you think the white cab over Q5 would look?

Thanks for any input.

Have some pics of your own sweptline? Can I see them, thanks

LAWFISH

DSCF4122.JPG

Dodge_003.jpg

Copy_of_DSCF2263.JPG

Copy_of_DSCF2261.JPG

I knew a guy with a truck just like that. It was painted black. I thought it looked real nice. There is also a guy with an old jeep pickup in town. It is painted yellow and I like the looks of that one to. Looks like it will be a nice truck no mater what you paint it. Have fun with your build.

I like white trucks and you have a great pair there.:cheers:

I'm partial to greens for old 4x4 trucks. I always wanted to do a power wagon dark green. Here are some pic's of a 1960 land rover I did a frame up on a few years back and a British army land rover (dark Green) I did. The power wagon always looked good in dark green.

IMG_0390.jpg

pic1.jpg

Personally Id go with the white cab and Q5 combo. I think it would flow nice
without a major contrast. But, I have to say that I have never been a fan of red. Probably because the 2 red cars I have had were nightmares to say the least. Cant wait to see it when you are done regardless!!

Q5 with white top to match the dart would be cool, especially if the dart has a matching white vinyl top. The truck would look great towing the dart to a show on a matching Q5 or white trailer!

If you didn't have the dart, I would be partial to the pale yellow/white top that the truck looks like it was born with.

LAWFISH, that 4x4 sweptline gives me wood. Nice find. I would love to get my hands on a sweptline, but around here, they are extinct. I would go with the white top Q5 combo. I think it would look great. Congrats on your new project.

Maroon and silver. I'm biased though. My 79 Power Wagon was this color, my 78 Power Wagon is this color, my 85 Ram was this color and my 95 Cummins is this color. They all were/are damn good trucks. My silver Valiant with the maroon vinyl top makes #5 this color.

In my opinion, those body lines would be nicely complemented by a two tone paint scheme.

ahh I got a 68 d100 adventurer... the paint is faded and almost gone... but it was a real bright red/orange with a white roof cap... and white trim stripe... the color was real cool on these.... It will be that way again someday... thats my suggestion. Cool truck.

-RPM

bright candy apple red over gunmetal grey... hmmmmm sounds familiar...

-RPM

A few more two-tone options that I thought looked OK. I still like the white/turquoise to match the dart.

1965DodgeFargoMod3.jpg

1965DodgeFargoMod2.jpg

1965DodgeFargoMod4.jpg

How bout the current Go Man Go and a killer silver

-
Back