What color is the slant 6

-
The first Hemi 6's ( 1970-72) were red, the same as the slant 6, then in 73, the Hemi 6 was Turquoise.
The Pacer 245 Hemi 6 was red with a yellow rocker cover and aircleaner.
The VF Pacer 225 slant six had 175hp.....can't remember what colour they were...????
The Hemi 6's were a normal upright engine.

Attachments

• IMGP5001.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 411
  • IMGP5003.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 478
Yep, they were 2bbl carby ones.....factory.....68 and 69 we had them....they didn't have headers either....had high compression and a different cam.

Hey your master cylinder is on the wrong side... ha ha :happy6:

but back to the thread, if its the orangey red, international harvester red is pretty close. Got a quart from TSC

This whole "Hemi 6" thing has me. reason is, they |6 was known to be a torky little ****. and the Hemi versions of them has to be even better. what was the HP on these? (I know that's asking a shitload as these Hemi 6's were done in a few different CID sizes!)

I'd love to be able to do a scale model of one but that might be a task all in itself! Worth it tho, none the less (YES, guys I'm a model builders) I can't do much else for awhile for healing purposes from a surgery I've gone through but am healing OK, and had some minor set backs and one minor complication......

Will get into that another time! Plus, its snowing like hell here so........I ain't goin out if I don't have too....... the ole arms don't have the "power" they once did! And won't for a while yet!

So models for awhile, it is! HOPEFULLY by spring, I'll be good to go on refurbishing the ole truck!

Same as MY*65*Dart, My Uncles 63 Power Wagon bought new,, engine was yellow and it had a cartrige canester oil filter.I wish I had a picture.

Here are the colors I am doing on a 70 Slant6 that will go into a 68 valiant. I chose Chrysler red available at Napa and Autzone for the block. And the rest is just a high heat engine paint color silver for the rest. All brackets and pulleys will be flat black.

Attachments

• gettingthere11814.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 409
  • gettingthere11814A.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 350
I've got a 67 Dart GT with a 225...The engine bay looks to be original and untouched, but the motor itself is blue.
It's an A/C car...and I know with some of the BB B Bodies A/C engines were painted blue and non A/C orange. Does anybody know if the same holds true for the Slants?

I've got a 67 Dart GT with a 225...The engine bay looks to be original and untouched, but the motor itself is blue.
It's an A/C car...and I know with some of the BB B Bodies A/C engines were painted blue and non A/C orange. Does anybody know if the same holds true for the Slants?

My '72 with the 225 was originally the turquoise color and it's a non A/C car, but at that point they may have stopped using other engine colors. And when I had the motor rebuilt, I repainted the engine Duplicolor Chrysler Corp. Blue which I got from O'Reillys.

YELLOW? What shade could that have been? Got pictures? I wouldn't mind seeing that!

I think the trucks 61-65 and some say early 66 got the yellow engine. My 64 Utiline has a yellow engine but, just a bit here and there. This is a near original yellow from a 65.

Attachments

• MVC-003F.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 406
I painted one Pontiac blue one time, I don't have any pictures when it was finished though. Kinda between turquoise and 70s blue..

Attachments

• IMAG0532.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 389
  • IMAG0531.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 351
Good photo my5th. 67 PW it was a 225. looking just like the photo, oil bath air cleaner and all.
Notice the low mount starter location.

I think the trucks 61-65 and some say early 66 got the yellow engine. My 64 Utiline has a yellow engine but, just a bit here and there. This is a near original yellow from a 65.

I think that yellow was called Primrose....IIRC.

We had the same colour here for the Dodge trucks.

One of the slants I have is an AT2 Dodge truck engine.

Attachments

• IMGP1582.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 348
  • IMGP1572.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 387
Just wanted to show the excellent color match of the VHT SP155 Chrysler Red with original engine paint. This part is the distributor spalsh shield from a '62 225 /6; the left portion is the original paint, the right part is the VHT Chrylser Red, with an overspray transition between.... pretty much impossible to see any color difference! This level of color match is consistent on each part of the engine that has old paint left on it.

(BTW, this is in November sunlight that is indirect due to a hihg thin cloud layer. The same match is seen indoors.)

Attachments

• DSCN1323.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 234
  • DSCN1324.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 206
Thanks for those who answered and or posted pics to answer my questions............. I learned something today with all this!

I KNOW pre-1970, slant 6's for the most part NOT all of them were Chrysler Engine Red. AFTER that they were mostly again NOT all of them were Chrsyler Engine Blue till I THINK 1980, AFTER that most were black.....Till the removal from production.

DID any of them EVER be painted Chrysler Engine Turquoise tho? Early 60's, maybe? I DON'T think ANY "American" markets of them were EVER Orange, altho, I may be wrong on that!

So that all knows, I'm only speaking of the AMERICAN markets of the Slant 6's made....170-198 and 225.....

my 69 Valiant calls for the early turquois blue. VHT # is SP126. bought it from Summit. It says Chrysler early blue on the can.

What exact shade is that "green" turquoise on the motor? :glasses7: I'm going to be doing some model work on a few and would like something more then the Hemi Orange/ Chrysler Blue/ Chrysler Red, and this "green" looks AWESOMELY different then the normal! I guess, I'm looking for the shade name to it.

I have used detroit diesel green for the mopar turquoise, its a dead ringer

I had a 66 coronet years ago with a 225 slant and it was painted orange. It was the original paint on the engine.

Also owned a 1969 dodge dart western sport special 225 slant , it was turquoise blue.

Had a 1970 barracuda coupe with a 225 slant , it was the mopar corporate blue (not turquoise)

I have used detroit diesel green for the mopar turquoise, its a dead ringer

I had a 66 coronet years ago with a 225 slant and it was painted orange. It was the original paint on the engine.

Also owned a 1969 dodge dart western sport special 225 slant , it was turquoise blue.

Had a 1970 barracuda coupe with a 225 slant , it was the mopar corporate blue (not turquoise)

That damned Detroit Diesel Green is a ***** to find 'round here.......... WHERE do you get it from? And if I may ask, whats the the damage for it per can? Spray can right? I have to plan for things at times as money is tight! :violent1:

Don't forget some of them were John Deere green as well :)

Not to mention whatever color they were painted when they went in swathers, windrowers, combines, airport tugs, pumps, gensets, Yale fork lifts, Hobart generators....

-
Back