What color to bay the engine conpartment

What color should I paint the engine bay

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-

cuda guy

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I'm at the point where I'm ready to paint the engine conpartment.

The 72 demon will be painted flat black on the hood fender tops trunk lid and the tops of the back of the car. The interior will be black and the vinyal top will also be black

The sides of the car will be painted a dulacolor candy orange.

I'm planning to black out the grille and all the chrome is either be blacked out or a black flat anadise.

My question should i paint the engine conpartment

Flat Black or the Candy orange.

I feel the flat black is the way I see the car.

Edges of hood and the first vertical section of fender going into engine bay (or some other place that makes sense) in flat black so the orange won't show from outside, then the rest of the bay orange.

Color combo sounds pretty trick to me :). I'll have to think some before I vote....hmmm :scratch:

Edges of hood and the first vertical section of fender going into engine bay (or some other place that makes sense) in flat black so the orange won't show from outside, then the rest of the bay orange.
I second this idea, a bit more work but it should look outstanding

def candy orange. but make sure you paint the inside of the fender tops flat black so the orange is only seen when the hood is open.

:thumbrig:

I would do the eng bay black to match the top of fenders and candy orange and chrome the engine. Think it would pop more. I am painting my Dart white with a black vynal top and black stripe around trunk and the engine black

If you paint it flat black in the engine compartment you will lose all definition due to the shadows. What color is the engine?

Millions of GM are cars running around with black engine compartments.

Do the math.

If you want to have the appearance of a Ford or Chevy then go flat black, I made that mistake on my first car and still cringe when look at old photos of it. A classic mopar was and always should be body color, ditto for the trunk.

no mopar should be black under the hood unless the car is black (all black or majority) flat black engine compartments is a chebby thing:angry7:

Millions of GM are cars running around with black engine compartments.

One of the smart things they did. A light colored engine compartment gets shitty looking real fast if you drive the car on a regular basis. I made the mistake of painting my engine compartment sublime and regret it every time I lift the hood.

Go black!

One of the smart things they did. A light colored engine compartment gets shitty looking real fast if you drive the car on a regular basis. I made the mistake of painting my engine compartment sublime and regret it every time I lift the hood.

Go black!

clean more.lol I like orange because you can clean it as the flat paints are hard to get grease and oil out of. Orange engine bays are cool.

Attachments

• Copy (2) of coronet in garage 024 (Large).jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 546
Go with body color, no wait flat back, No body color.. I wonder what I would I do?? :toothy10:

carpics3-12007.jpg

328pics003.jpg

Man,can I help you out here!!!!
My 69 notch barracuda is satin black with orange engine bay.
here's what it looks like
The orange is Hitachi Construction Machinery orange.

ur87n.jpg

^^^^^^ Yeah, that's what I meant... I guess I basically meant paint the whole fender black... and down to that first ridge on the firewall, and edge of hood. The rest orange. I think it would look a lot different with the main body color orange though, but that's exactly the ticket right there otherwise.

unless you want to be exilled from the mopar comunity it MUST be body color! when i see a car that the trunk or engine compartment has been painted flat black or trunk has been sprayed with specal paint i just walk away in discust chrysler was the only company to have a body color engine compartment and it needs to stay that way! dgc333 i have a lime green 72 duster and the engine compartment looks killer lime green, sound to me like you need to use this new invention called wax

I agree with alot of people.engine compartments not the same colour as the body just looks like the job isnt finished.i also cringe when i see a killer mopar and then the pop the hood or trunk i have to bite my tounge.i got lots of cheby and ford friends hey they like it but just my opinion.

-
Back