What color to paint my new engine?

What color should I paint my new engine?

• Orange

Votes: 63 44.4%
  • Blue

Votes: 28 19.7%
  • Black

Votes: 23 16.2%
  • Other

Votes: 28 19.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-
If my engine bay looked anywhere near that good I would consider doing that. If I popped my hood and people saw a motor that clean in a engine bay like mine they would know something was up. The car is a sleeper though.

I am the second owner of it. I got it from a 97 year old women who put a dent on every body panel. Has some rust in the normal spots. Original paint and I'm trying to track down some wheels and hubcaps from 73 to put on it. Bench seat with Column shift. And I'm going to throw some electric cut outs on it to try and hide the give away of a 400 hp small block.

Awesome ,love sleepers....

That's it when it had the cragers on it.

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Attachments

• photo_001.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 263
Always been a fan of black.
Hides oil well & stands out with aluminum heads & parts.

When I do detract from Black, I go with Race HEMI Orange (Omaha Orange).
This is what MoPar painted their race parts with.

I have a case of turquoise left over from my last car (68 coronet r/t)love it, had the same dilemma....wrong color for the combo 68 small block (non340).shopped pep boys vht selection. found copper and gold.3 wet coats of gold one wet coat of copper and one more gold. matches the tequila sunrise paint on the car. use your imagination and make yourself happy.

Attachments

• 20140513_175107.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 271
  • 20140511_185049.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 272
It's funny that you said that. My friends dad was wearing a shirt that color tonight and I told him I was going to paint it that color...jokingly.

my dad used to call that portugese racing green...lol

CAN'T HELP BEIN SORTA OLD SCHOOL. i'd go original factory engine color, paint the heads, clea r the alum intake, and use the aftermarket valve covers balck with the fins alum. painted all silver looks like some toy outa toy set??? just me.

hey paulscars! our u s made alum is better than your Canadian made aluminum!!!??????? LOL
whats breaks for me the the rafter the chain hoist is hung from! ( Canadian 2 x 6's!!????) LOL

hey paulscars! our u s made alum is better than your Canadian made aluminum!!!??????? LOL
whats breaks for me the the rafter the chain hoist is hung from! ( Canadian 2 x 6's!!????) LOL
seriously. we sell u guys aluminum and all of the precious metals u americans cant produce properly. do your homework lol

blue looks awesome with aluminum I used small block blue on my big block I love it

Attachments

• mod008.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 157
it aint rock unless its RED

Attachments

• 100_0569.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 147
  • 100_0930.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 159
  • 100_1370.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 138
  • 100_1391.jpg