What color to paint the engine bay on a 2 toned car?

What color to paint the engine bay?

• The top color

Votes: 53 43.4%
  • The bottom color

Votes: 36 29.5%
  • Either one as long as it is painted body color

Votes: 33 27.0%

• Total voters
-
Im with top of fender/hood color. if you do the lower color with the hood up it looks like the top paint was a after-thought

JOE

I still say gray as long as it doesn't clash with the body color. Body color engine bays scream "TRAILER QUEEN!" to me.

And yeah, mine is body color. It's OE paint and nearly as oxidized as the rest of the car. When I paint it will be gray.

Do what you want cause it's your car.....you asked what we thought and we told you so no hard feelings. Just do your best job no matter what and be proud.

Now on with the build.....

I was the original poster, I have an epoxy primed engine bay right now. That was another guy that went off somewhere a few post back.

I know.

No biggie...I can roll with anyone.

My comment was for you.....

Show us what you come up with when your done.

P.O.:supz:

has any one ever used TUF liner? like truck bed liner? i saw it somewhere looked really good but forgot where....

has any one ever used TUF liner? like truck bed liner? i saw it somewhere looked really good but forgot where....

..probably in a Chevy :cheers:

I have not used it in an engine bay, but have used spray on bedliner on the front of the radiator support.

th e problem you would have using the bedliner, IS if you ever go to sell it, ALL buyers will assume you are hiding rust, wreck, whatever.

a friend of mine did a dart while back with the bedliner there, looked good to me, BUT black there is a chevy thing!!!!! ( he is a chevy convert !).... now that's just me. i personally would paint it body color, probably the lower color as IF that was a OEM 2 tone car, that is what the factory would have done.

opinions are like armpits, everyone has one and sometimes they stick! ( i think RRR told me that once!)

paint the engine compartment the the color you choose for the top of the fender. If you are looking for something a little different to set off the engine compartment clear the engine bay with a clear mixed to an eggshell finish.Use this same finish on the underside of the hood.

Do what you want cause it's your car.....you asked what we thought and we told you so no hard feelings. Just do your best job no matter what and be proud.

Now on with the build.....

It is your car and you have asked the question. Now do what you like?

-
Back