• silver block with black headers

Votes: 2 2.5%

• Total voters
-

mshred

The Green Manalishi
Reaction score
Hey guys,

my car is painted the new gorgeous shade of mopar snakeskine green (see avatar) and am wondering what colour i should go with for my engine/ headers...I wil be painting my headers, originally going to go with silver, but thought of going with black as well, with an orange block of correct mopar orange colour...but I also love the look of high performance race motors painted all silver/ grey..i think it looks real mean, but i cant decide if i want this route, and if i do whether i want black headers or silver? thinking silver painted headers will be too much silver with a silver block and cast intake manifold, aluminum valve covers, etc...interested to hear what you guys think...maybe pictures of your own similar setups would help?

I voted but under a spelling protest.
icon10.gif

My personal opinion, is that it's hard to make black headers look classy, and that too much silver is overkill. One color that I really dig (and it may not work well with your color combo...) is medium red wrinkle paint. I think it looks so hot like on valve covers etc.......again, sparingly. I voted orange block w/silver headers......I know, it's been done 10,000 times.

I would go with silver headers. I would never paint my engine silver.

If it was my car... Silver headers with the engine the correct color for the year of the car.

I would go with silver headers. I would never paint my engine silver.

If it was my car... Silver headers with the engine the correct color for the year of the car.

Maybe polished (not chrome) valve covers? Less is more IMO.

Mopar blue would look sweet too, ceramic coated headers would top it off!

hey guys ceramic coating is out of the picture for now...thanks for the opinions keep em coming!

Matt,

sublime with black headers and black finned valve colors with the fins natural

Bob

Oh yeah.....I had my cheapo headers on my Barracuda nickel plated! Only about $50 from the chrome plater......kinda nice because it wasn't TOO shiny like chrome.

kinda surprised that there are no takers for the silver block lol....thought atleast some would vote for that

My cuda is Sublime green with a black AAR stripe down the side. I painted the motor black with TTI (silver) headers. Here is a pic... you might like black... might not... but it's a option you might want to consider.

I'm really thinking about going with the black wrinkle finish Mopar Performance valve covers and a K&N open top air filter... I believe it would really look good.

I voted orange motor with silver headers.

DSC02191.jpg

I,m with the Orange block,silver headers!I,ve never seen a silver motor?Aluminum yes,but no silver!I wonder what it would look like in a couple years?Hmm?

I,m with the Orange block,silver headers!I,ve never seen a silver motor?Aluminum yes,but no silver!I wonder what it would look like in a couple years?Hmm?

hey scott thats what i meant...an aluminum looking finish...it seems like orange block with silver headers is going to win out lol

If you had good high temp black paint then paint the headers black. I agree on the orange block. Even paint the intake engine color.

Block, whatever the stock color is.... .as for the headers, I always like when they are painted white.... but they have to be repainted to keep them looking nice. Up to you!

I like Mopar orange block and silver headers.....lots of blend with other stuff under the hood.

Your car looks awesome...congrats.

I voted for orange block and black headers.. of course thats whats under the hood of my Dart.. so I am kinda biased LOL

I'm with Mullinax 95. I like the Black Block with silver headers. Looks good with SubLime body. JMO:toothy10:

-
Back