Votes: 32 40.0%
  • silver block with silver headers

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • silver block with black headers

Votes: 2 2.5%

• Total voters
-
Mopar orange block and black headers
It makes the other black thing work together like hoses and wrinkle satin black valve covers =P~

engineinstall025.jpg

engine014sm.jpg

headers021.jpg

headers005-1-1.jpg

the carbon fiber look got my vote!!! oh rat's that wasn't an option Lol I went with plum crazy(body color on the engine) and black headers,easy to keep clean,but I do like the silver ceramic coated headers

340duster.JPG

attheshow.JPG

You might need another choice, I think I`m number 5 now for a black engine with silver headers. Orange might clash with snakeskin green, just MHO.

the carbon fiber look got my vote!!! oh rat's that wasn't an option Lol I went with plum crazy(body color on the engine) and black headers,easy to keep clean,but I do like the silver ceramic coated headers
Plum Crazy looks good.

CIMG3407.jpg

Hey guys,
This is bringing up more conflcting choices for me now lol....i think im going to ditch the whole silver block idea, since its not going to look aluminum...I think orange block with silver headers is what im after now...My dad has a black block in his 69 dart with ceramic headers, but for some reason im not a big fan of black blocks??? i appreciate the opinions guys, keep them comin! I know mullinax posted a picture of his sublime ride with a black block, so i guess ill take a better look at my options

I'll agree with Hemizach. It's up to you,but by looking at your car I think which ever you choose it will look good.I myself like chrysler red with white headers

If you have a lot of chrome or polished goodies or even an aluminium manifold I would stay away from silver on the block. Contrast is the thing whether you go black and orange or orange and silver or whatever. Personally I think the orange block would really pop against that green, then use ceramic coated headers to add a third color. Here is what i did with mine.

I guess it always pays to look at how old the thread is before posting in it... (facepalm)

P1030840%20%28Large%29.jpg

i dont mind thread resurrections lol....and i already painted the headers silver (should have done black instead) with the orange block...the orange really pops against the green, but the paint is already coming off...i had to heat up the headers to bang in a few tubes after i painted them (doh!) and as soon as the heat touched them the paint bubbled right off...i even used the good vht stuff and followed the instructions to a T....i can just imagine what my engine bay will look like when i start it and the paint flakes off everywhere...beautiful!

i dont mind thread resurrections lol....and i already painted the headers silver (should have done black instead) with the orange block...the orange really pops against the green, but the paint is already coming off...i had to heat up the headers to bang in a few tubes after i painted them (doh!) and as soon as the heat touched them the paint bubbled right off...i even used the good vht stuff and followed the instructions to a T....i can just imagine what my engine bay will look like when i start it and the paint flakes off everywhere...beautiful!

Man sorry but you need to get some good ceramic coated headers bro.. that engine bay is looking to nice for anything else but good headers.

Man sorry but you need to get some good ceramic coated headers bro.. that engine bay is looking to nice for anything else but good headers.

LOL i know man, but maybe later....the headers have been such a headache that i dont want to take them off again to send them out for coating...plus they are just cheap 1-5/8 heddmans, id rather get coated hookers or someting

.....mine , at the moment, are blue w/ceramic headers...but I was thinking about painting it the same colour as the car..

You need specific heat paint, correct ?

.....mine , at the moment, are blue w/ceramic headers...but I was thinking about painting it the same colour as the car..

You need specific heat paint, correct ?

dont do it bro, unless you can get professionally mixed stuff or something that is proven to work for sure

I was wonderring about that...trying to decide on a colour that matches wityh plum crazy...

-
Back