what could i do with a magnum 360?

-

shoebox1.1

Reaction score
lets say i got a complete magnum 360 for my dart sport. bone stock engine. on a super budget what would you do if you had 3.70 axle ratio and a 3500-4000 stall converter. headers,holley,ignition etc of course would be there. ported magnum heads and a cam swap? id like lower 12s with this engine. can it happen?

Indy/RHS-M heads...can have stock roller cam re-ground...

need timing chain cover from LA engine..

intake manifold are limited....Mopar single Plane M1...Eddy Air Gap or Crosswind Air Gap..

If you're going to run that loose of a converter I would recommend the MP cam from the crate 360/380 horse 501 lift/292 duration and the M1 single plane which would give you almost the identical set up as the 360/380 horse crate engine. If you have power brakes this one is not for you. I have read that these crate engines dyno at almost 400 horsepower. The limiting factor in magnum heads(stock) are a max of 525 lift otherwise the retainer will hit the top of the valve guide. I installed a 496/512 lift cam in mine and only have 20 to 30 thousandths clearance. The other way is to buy Hughes retainers that will allow 125 thousandths extra on the lift. Last time I priced the they were about 65 bucks. The cheapest cam situation I was able to find was a new factory core ground to the specs listed above for 130 bucks to my front door. All the new magnum cams are very pricey. If youre interested drop me a pm and I will give you the guys email.

You can't do anything with a magnum. They are worthless. Send it to me and I'll scrap it for you.

good information i always liked that crate motor. way back when hot rod did a "magnum manifesto" article and that motor went 12.40s at 108 in a 65 valiant. i always wanted that car.... sighhhh :)

Can you run any roller cam and lifters in a magnum w/o any mods?
Im not certain but I think LA roller lifters are a different set up because of the lifter bosses on the magnum were designed for a roller whereas the LA engines werent. I was at one point wanting to buy a retrofit roller LA for the magnum but was told that the lifters were a different setup and would not work. If I remember correctly the retro fit lifters have a bar connecting two lifters at a time together which would interfere with the taller lifter boss on the magnum. As far as a retro fit LA roller cam only with used with stock magnum lifters??????

lets say i got a complete magnum 360 for my dart sport. bone stock engine. on a super budget what would you do if you had 3.70 axle ratio and a 3500-4000 stall converter. headers,holley,ignition etc of course would be there. ported magnum heads and a cam swap? id like lower 12s with this engine. can it happen?

Shoe, You do realize LXguy is running a junkyard 360 magnum in his Swinger & clicked off 11.7s @ 111 & "get this" 7.4s in the 1/8 (thats kicken ***), his car is fully dressed & IMO is a show car its that clean, you may want to send him a PM & get some tips on his build, its fairly mild with a "bone stock" bottom end, i will say you shouldn't have any issues acheiveing mid 12s with the mildest set-up if you keep the weight at a minimum (like 3200 with you in it).

-
Back