What did you do to your A body?

-
Only looked at it! Bummer. Planning a week in October to do a carcation. That is about 7 days, me the Dart and the Roadrunner in the garage with all the new parts and pieces I have been gathering the past several months.

Plan is...

Dart
New aluminum fuel cell (stupid plastic one deformed in the heat and is permantly warped....stupid thing)
New bypass regulator with new line back to tank for the return
Larger radiator-hard time keeping cool
larger diameter aluminum drive shaft and adjust the pinion angle, getting some vibes
Possibly re-stall the converter, need more stall
etc.

Roadrunner
New fuel tank, original has a leak
New fuel pump
etc.

fratzog,
MPG could/should be better being about 11-12 mpg daily, and 15 highway mpg.
The engine's low CR (8.6:1 ?) and the power-eating A518 transmission are the mostlikely reasons mpg is fairly low.

Took the 'Cuda to the exhaust shop and had pipe welded in place of the temporary flex tube I used...no more exhaust leak!

Buttoned up all the wiring inside the car and vacuumed it...

Cleaned the outside of the car real good too...

TOOK HER FOR A LITTLE CRUISE AROUND TOWN! !!!!

Jeff

I installed modern 3 point seatbelts. The hardest part was taking the buckles apart so I could pint the metal parts. It was a bit tricky winding the springs back up.

Seat Belts.JPG

101_1733.JPG

Got the Festival of Crap in the shop simmered down to a dull roar, so I can get the Valiant inside. I decided to fix the existing leaking-at-all-four-corners 9" drum brakes so I can drive it without carrying a 4x4 for auxillary braking. Once that's done, the rest of the rebuild can commence but in the meantime, I can drive it!

My dryer took a dump the other day, so I just drove the race car to the laundromat!

-
Back