What did you get for Christmas 2013

-
my son and his girl friend came over last night for christmas and we sat around and looked at old movies from when he was a kid, i loved every moment of it. I am a die hard spartan fan as both of my kids went there and are fans also so this is what my son gave me for christmas, if you look close enough you will see that the cap has been removed. I have not seen my daughter yet because my grand daughter has been sick with the flu, but i am sure i have some more spartan stuff on the way. I love the spartan fishing lure also, no big ones will get away from that.
Bob

go blue! :d

sorry, couldn't help myself.

we are...
View attachment psb.jpg

My wife and I went in halves on a welder and gave it to each other. :)

How about you, Rani?

my family toned it down this year which is good because I told them I don't need a lot ....but they feel bad because I didn't grow up with Christmas so for the past several years they went all out ....which I appreciate but I enjoy the time with them even more.....

but this year I was still spoiled and got a few items:

a new tool box, in light of a another thread I started about old tool boxes, they thought I should have a new one to start the memories with today. This tool box is starting out new with me and hopefully years from now I will still have it with a million miles of memories. To me a tool box is a very special item and a very personal item that almost cant be shared, so this is really special and means a lot to me. http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=235117&highlight=tool+boxes

I also got the movie Despicable me 2 which I really like .....I don't have a 3D TV but I have access to one to watch the movie ...which makes me happy.

also got a LEGO deskpal that I been looking for with a cool Jasmine Sticker that I had never seen before.....my family gets me anything Princess Jasmine since a lot of people tell me I look like Princess Jasmine :-D

and I also got a peach dress set...peach is one of my favorite colors so I got this hand-made three piece dress set in peach .....mega cool.

Attachments

• CIMG3529.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 185
  • CIMG3530.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 187
  • CIMG3531.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 183
  • CIMG3528.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 197
I got a brand new Dodge Avenger.
Same color as my MegaCab.
I wonder how much N2O the V-6 head gaskets can take.....LOL

Attachments

• CAM00165.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 190
  • CAM00164.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 201
Samsung Galaxy Note III, Otter Box defender series case to protect it. T shirts, Jeans.

New pistons and cam for my 360 build.

But the mostest bestest part, spending time with my family and my Grandsons climbing all over me. :D

I GOT TO BE WITH FAMILY,and I got some gift cards and some cash which is always good,,and I got the tool cart I wanted see link..
[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/HARBOR-FREIGHT-TOOLS-Coupon-5-Drawer-Tool-Cart-Coupon-Only-/261360166351?pt=Tool_Boxes_Storage&hash=item3cda47a5cf"]Harbor Freight Tools Coupon 5 Drawer Tool Cart Coupon Only | eBay[/ame]

Gift Cards and clothes. They dont know what to get me for the shop or my cars. They say I always just buy what I want anyhow. LOL
I'm told that I'm hard to buy for, because if I want something I will buy it myself. I got a 71 Swinger and 61 Dart Phoenix in 1/64 scale, an old oil can spout, a pair of pocket knives and 2 dvd box sets, Charles in Charge and Howdy Doody, my sister always buys little things and shops on swap sights and junk shops, so I always get something vintage.

Got me a helmet for skiing,...They say having a helmet on while your skiing makes your cajone's twice as big,...I'll be testing that theory in a couple weeks @ Mt. Bachelor in Oregon.

I got the car I have been working on since I joined. I don't need anything else.

Good stuff! Got to spend Christmas with my very own baby for the first time. Last year she was still in mommy's belly, but this year we got spend it together. Having your first child at 45 years old has it's disadvantages, but I can tell you I wouldn't trade it for the world! To see little smile means the world to me! The Duster is being neglected in the garage a bit, but I promise I will stay on it! God has been so good to us; can't wait to see what the New Year brings!

Oh and finally this may sound weird but on Christmas Eve at work I waited on a real nice family, the children were in their 20's, as they were leaving one of the sons gave me a bear hug and wished me Merry Christmas, that made me feel really good.

The kindness of strangers goes a long way! I would have been stoked, too.

One thing I didn't get that I am grateful for is, I didn't get shot. Christmas eve my older brother was showing my younger brother(39 years old) his new pistol, lil bro cocks it and says"Oh, it's loaded"and were was it pointed straight at me. Then we went out shooting the pistols, and my brothers wife drops a .22 shell as she is bending down to pick it up, she is swinging a loaded .22 all over the place, right in my general vicinity. I even dusted off one of my High Standard .22 revolvers and took a couple shots. Guess I feel the same way about guns as I do cars, "A new car(gun)won't get any newer, but an old car(gun) gets older every day".

i got some a few LL bean long sleeve thermal type shirts, they are my favorite.

got the wife a soda stream and roomba (but they were really for me too :p)

One thing I didn't get that I am grateful for is, I didn't get shot. Christmas eve my older brother was showing my younger brother(39 years old) his new pistol, lil bro cocks it and says"Oh, it's loaded"and were was it pointed straight at me. Then we went out shooting the pistols, and my brothers wife drops a .22 shell as she is bending down to pick it up, she is swinging a loaded .22 all over the place, right in my general vicinity. I even dusted off one of my High Standard .22 revolvers and took a couple shots. Guess I feel the same way about guns as I do cars, "A new car(gun)won't get any newer, but an old car(gun) gets older every day".

Yeah a few of the four rules of gun safety were broken there :banghead: glad your ok!

BTW how is South Dakota? I need to check out the Dakotas / Montana / Wyoming part of the US. That area has always intrigued me. Never been further west than Iowa.

Nike GPS sport watch. I uses gps to track your distance/time and has a wireless little pod you put in your shoe to count steps. I asked for it solely so i could put a real distance number on my runs. Saying "about 2-3 miles" feels dishonest.

Nike-SportWatch-640.jpg

I got a membership to the gym :( She got Jewelry.... But I did have a great time with family

I got a Meguiar's detailing kit......Guess I better get busy LOL :smile:

Attachments

• P1100340.JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 144
  • P1100342.JPG
    137.7 KB · Views: 152
I got a bonfire that is going on it's 11th day lotsa good food and friends then i got despicable me 1 and 2 dvd's and watched them both with good friends this evening and got my daughter for christmas eve morning until about 9 that nite so w got in some last minute shopping then rushed off with steven for some airboating the went for a cruise in the javelin to friends place for dinner then to the house to meet up with friends for my bonfire :) life is good :) and a brand new box of twinkies!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• ashley 001.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 152
  • ashley 007.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 130
  • ashley 013.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 136
  • ashleynsteven 088.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 137
-
Back