What do I do, I cant get rid of the parts. Need the money??????

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thankx everybody for the suggestions.
I wasnt sure how much the parts were worth but at least now I know.
I do not want to scrap it. Someone out there one day might need this part.
:)
I definantly try everybodys suggestions.

well, I'm not tryin to come off like I'm mad at anybody....just the situation. I mean....I've never had great luck sellin stuff to begin with. I've never been one who felt comfortable with makin somethin sound better than it is. I'm just not a salesman. Sales pitch? really, what's that got to do with it if somebody wants the part? I have a 100% ebay feedback rating over 800 strong. I keep my word, I follow through. I am as honest a person as you'll meet. Why the heck does anything else matter? But like I said....I wasn't tryin to come off like I was mad at anybody. The whole situation just sucks. I can completely sympathize with Liz.

Thankyou, I have the same problem on Ebay. It is getting harder to sell anything these days. Especially when the buyer doesnt communicate well with the seller. I have had that happen alot.

I am trying to get rid of my exhuast and my intake but I cannot seem to do it. Where can I take it, because I have been so hard to sell them.
Its a slant six one barrall intake and an exhaust..somewhere in the early 70s.

I am intrested in the intake.
Nuke463
812-350-2069

explain this one to me the economy sucks nothing is selling on here and everything is dirt cheap for abodies on here, yet i go to mopar nationals this year with the intent to buy an extra set of duster fenders rust free between $50 and $75 which is exactly what i just paid for them last year at the nats! one was 50 and the other was 75 and they were all over the place for that price, i go up this year and their is just as many as last year but you cant touch a rust free one for under $300!!! what the heck is up with that??? I belive the A-bodies are gunna be the next booming mopar to have just like the challengers and cudas were 10 years ago, now b bodies are hot but i think the E body craze is kind of gone and people are starting to realize that A-bodies are about to get really hot, the next car to have, does anyone agree?

I hope so. If my barracuda doent sell im goning to put a 4 speed 3.91 and my 340 in it. then just drive the crap out of it. Oh and the b bodies im working on a 70 satellite

I was in your shoes.I tried selling my slant six and transmission for $100 on craigslist but no dice.After a week I offered it for free and I had a kid and his father come and pick it up .They will be rebuilding it and putting it in a 4 door Dart.Im glad it will live on in another car and glad I was able to help out and not scrap it:cheers:

I sold my slant 6 and trans with disc brake set up for 500.00! I was lucky!

We just sold the slant 225 ,trans,radiator, headers and a whole lot of misc. parts over on slant6.org 2 weeks ago ,we had it listed for 2 days only, If you have what somebody wants and needs it will sell.

Bob

bad time to sell anything

Exactly the situation, two years ago I bought an actuall 68 camaro SS, original 4-speed car with a four year old paintjob on it, and drove her home nearly 1,000 miles, total cost of the trip with food, hotel rooms, and airfare was under $10k, car like that would have sold four 3.5 to 4x the price

BUT, it seems to me that as the selling prices of the cars have gone down, most seem to stick to selling parts at high prices. Within 200 miles of me I have YET to find a 383 or 440 that anyone is willing to sell for less than $800 - $1000 for a motor that to most is a CORE. "it runs" is what I'm told by most, yeah, but they wont let me do a leakdown or compression check on the motor. the only deals on 440's I've found include a block and crank and if I'm lucky a mostly complete shortblock that "may need a sleeve or two" still going for way to much money. A guy on craigslist just tried to sell me a 440 engine block rods (with 383 pistons) for $500 NO heads, NO timing cover, no intake, no oil pump...

And Scrapping parts out of frustration?! wow... If I lived near you I'd gladly come out and pay multiple times what scrap price would be on parts... if you need the money scrapping anything aint worth it. I've yet to scrap any parts and be happy about it.

I guess that's enough ranting.

Nope. I'm done tryin to sell. My last price when somebody asked was 150 SHIPPED with no response back. It pisses me off because other people sell stuff like that all the time. It's a fair price but I'm done with it.

I'm not here to start an argument here. But I want to point out the facts.
I did send you a pm regarding the intake, you may not have gotten it when the site crashed; but I DID reply back about it. My computer had been down for two days, but I always make an effort to reply back to anyone that sends me a pm or email as it is the corteous thing to do.

I'm not here to start an argument here. But I want to point out the facts.
I did send you a pm regarding the intake, you may not have gotten it when the site crashed; but I DID reply back about it. My computer had been down for two days, but I always make an effort to reply back to anyone that sends me a pm or email as it is the corteous thing to do.

Yes I got it. And thanks for letting me know. Most people wouldn't have taken the time to do that. I would have dealt on it. But you didn't ask.

nope and I would not expect anyone to be happy.

But honestly, I'm not happy to hear about people scrapping perfectly good parts either... those end up as washing machines, and drive prices of even more parts up cuz now everyone and their brother can claim there parts are rare.

I have no ill feelings here. Here is my situation, I am a very broke unemployed full time college student and I have to shop around and get the very best price possible. Your price was not terrible, it's just that somebody else replied with a lower price. When you place an ad, more than likely you will get several replies. I got a reply that was a better deal, it was just to good to pass up. I would take another intake just to compare and see what is best for my overall combo.

I'm sorry about your lack of income as it is a very stressful thing to deal with. I hope that better times are ahead for you.

no hard feelins on my part either. i understand completely better than anyone lookin for the cheapest part man. No sweat. You were up front about it too. none of my posts here were directed at you....or anyone in particular. Just the situation. it sucks. I was just ventin.

My problem is the same as I cannot communicate with persons who want everything at 10% its value and this is why I am the way I act. I don't put up with morons anymore then I put up with Moronogonians

Most car parts are down across the board right now, I don't like it anymore than the next seller.. You have to either adjust your price, sit on it or scrap it.... Sittin' on it or scrappin' it is no skin off the buyers azz, thay just move on to the next one....

You know...we all have a lot of the same feelings on this. I wonder if we could work together for a solution? Maybe offer discounted parts to members in need? I got stuff I could offer. I would be game for it. Hell, even discounted the hell out of, you'd still be gettin more than scrap and it wouldn't be in your way anymore. Just thinkin out loud. Slap me if I aint makin sense.

From a buying perspective here. I'd rather pass on a hundred perfect parts to find one that'll work for a much better price. I have an 8 month old son to take care of and a wife that I'm putting through college, if someone can't haggle a little bit I don't usually buy.

Last year I sold a $400 welder for half of my $200 asking price just cuz I needed a little pocket jingle, it all comes to what you want I guess.

I've been in the parts trade for most of my life.. I know what all my parts are worth, I've been takein' a beatin' on ebay the past 6 or 7 months just to fund my gasser project, it's either move my parts or not work on my gasser, so I pick move my parts.... I sold a like new SBC EPS edelbrock intake the other day for $65.00, thats half what summit gets for one....

explain this one to me the economy sucks nothing is selling on here and everything is dirt cheap for abodies on here, yet i go to mopar nationals this year with the intent to buy an extra set of duster fenders rust free between $50 and $75 which is exactly what i just paid for them last year at the nats! one was 50 and the other was 75 and they were all over the place for that price, i go up this year and their is just as many as last year but you cant touch a rust free one for under $300!!! what the heck is up with that??? I belive the A-bodies are gunna be the next booming mopar to have just like the challengers and cudas were 10 years ago, now b bodies are hot but i think the E body craze is kind of gone and people are starting to realize that A-bodies are about to get really hot, the next car to have, does anyone agree?

yep.............

seems to me all car PARTS are doing the same thing, i like to fix these older cars but i swear all these get rich hoarders are drivin me nuts. ill buy a good deal anyday, but pass because i dont need the parts... my car does and shes already waited 20 plus years to be fixed up

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back