What Do I Have To Do To Get You Mopar Racers To Show Up!!!

-

flboatman1

Reaction score
:banghead:It's Not A Joke , I Know You Are Out There But Were Are You? DID YOU SELL OUT TO FIAT!! I'LL BE AT LAKELAND MOTOR SPORTS PARK SAT. NIGHT, LETS TALK. I HAVE A IDEA FOR A A BODY RACE EVERY 6 MO. FOR CARS RUNNING 6.00T0 7.20 1/8 MILE 1 RACE ON A INDEX THE OTHER DIALIN BOTH FOR $$$ AND YOU CAN RUN BOTH.:cheers:

A drag race is 1/4 mile NOT 1/8 mile that is why I have never been to Lakeland.

there are even 1/10th mile tracks. 1/8th mile is easer on car ,for this reason I can race more events. I'll bet you are affraid to put it down in the 1/8. maybe we 1/8 mile boys are to fast for you? :butthead:

Well, I've got news for you, everyone, including the 1/4 mile tracks are going to an 1/8 mile program. The insurance is much cheaper for them because the speeds are lower. But to me a drag race is a drag race whether it's an 1/8 or a 1/4 mile.

Gary, we have 2 more races at Speed World before they stop for 2 months. Hopefully the Scamp will be up and running in that time but right now I've got other things to deal with. The altered is now quick enough that I'll need to be licensed, so since I'm far enough in points to go to the division finals I'll need to take care of that ASAP.

Hi Guitar Are You Racing Tonight? Do They Have A Bracket For A Setup Like Mine Up There. No Interiour, Full Cage, Single Seat No Dash, Body Is Close To Stock With Lexan W/shield Glass Hood, And Is It 1/4 Or 1/8. Just To Make The 1/4 Mile Racers Mad I Am Going To Propose To The Local Tracks To Start Having 60 Ft Racing. Boy I'll Bet That Scamp Of Yours Would Put Down Some Low 60's I Bet Around 1.2 And Your Runing A Small Block Right. Gary MOST RACES ARE WON IN THE FIRST 60 GOOD REACTION TIMES AND PUTTING POWER TO GROUND.

Guitar Osw Is A Nhra Scantion Track You Should Be Able To Get Your Lic. There And They Know You And The Car. AND YOU WILL NEED A DR. PHYSICAL.

Gary , if you can change the Weather to a nice 78 with low humidity... I'll be right there! LOL I may hit a few test n tunes @ Bithlo sometime soon. I'll be sure to let ya know.

there are even 1/10th mile tracks. 1/8th mile is easer on car ,for this reason I can race more events. I'll bet you are affraid to put it down in the 1/8. maybe we 1/8 mile boys are to fast for you? :butthead:

You must be OFF your meds, you are making NO since, except for being easer on car. If they changed the Daytona 500 to a 250 mile race more cars could finish. But it wouldn't be the same.

Hey Gary, (((and yes mopar4406bbl he has been off his meds for quite sometime now but he's real sensitive about that :) ))) we did race tonight after 2 rain delays. I broke out by .003 in the 4th round after killing the guy on the tree .007 to .036. Oh well, there's always next week.

It's still the most fun you can have with a 3 layer fire suit and a helmet on.

*eyeroll* yeah 1/8 mile is king. Next thing you know everyone will be going to 1/16" of a mile because insurance is cheaper, then It'll be 1/32" mile and then it'll just be a race to see who can react the fastest and the race will be done.

I would come on out but it would be a bit of a drive for me.
hi burntorange it's to bad your so far away . thank you very much for your interest in are fl. racing . it's nice to here form people like you that support us. I lived in the Santa Barbra area for several years.

Hey Gary, (((and yes mopar4406bbl he has been off his meds for quite sometime now but he's real sensitive about that :) ))) we did race tonight after 2 rain delays. I broke out by .003 in the 4th round after killing the guy on the tree .007 to .036. Oh well, there's always next week.

It's still the most fun you can have with a 3 layer fire suit and a helmet on.
I ONLY MADE IT TO 3RD ROUND WHEN I FELL ASLEEP ON STARTING LINE.30. CAR RAN GOOD. DRIVER GETTING TO OLD. AND BOY WAS IT HOT IN CAR. BILL FINALLY GOT HIS PONT. ASTRE OUT BUT HE COULDN'T HANDLE IT. THE WAY IT LOOKS AND SOUNDS IT SHOULD RUN IN THE LOW 6'S. MAYBE HIGH 5'S. HE NEEDS TO GET USE TO THE SHORT WHEEL BASE. HE SAID HE WHISH HE WOULD OF BROUGHT HIS DART INSTEAD.

The altered was doing 1.32 60 foot times last night on the wheelie bars for about 20 feet. 6.25 @ 106.5 in the crappy air. Not bad for a 2 bbl 350 Chevy.

:banghead:It's Not A Joke , I Know You Are Out There But Were Are You? DID YOU SELL OUT TO FIAT!! I'LL BE AT LAKELAND MOTOR SPORTS PARK SAT. NIGHT, LETS TALK. I HAVE A IDEA FOR A A BODY RACE EVERY 6 MO. FOR CARS RUNNING 6.00T0 7.20 1/8 MILE 1 RACE ON A INDEX THE OTHER DIALIN BOTH FOR $$$ AND YOU CAN RUN BOTH.:cheers:
hey flboatman1,
what`s up down there? i`d love to try that but afraid i`m a little too far away. curious though, what gear do you have going on in the 8th?
good luck, jersey boy

And this is why you stay away from a strip?
Lucky you have one at all. Come live here on the Island. Theres NONE and you'll be cryin for a 100ft drags and praying it'll get done sometime before you die.

i'll have to say that after my doubts about 1/8 mile racing that you guys that race brackets on it are the tits and have you grap together and i respect you all. there is nothing easy about it and the ones that talk down about 1/8 mile racing just don't get it. oh and another thing, i just moved to north carolina and won't be making it ovet to lakeland.

And this is why you stay away from a strip?
Lucky you have one at all. Come live here on the Island. Theres NONE and you'll be cryin for a 100ft drags and praying it'll get done sometime before you die.
THANK YOU FROM MY HART. IT'S TRUE AND KNOW WHAT WE NEED TO DO IS BIND TOGETHER AND TRI . IF YOU DON'T KNOW MY BACKGROUND . IN THE 60.S I BUILT A DRAG STRIP RAN IT FOR 10 Yrs and sold during the gas moritorioum. Iv'e raced mod cars funnie cars. strock record holders . PLEASE DON'T LET Anybody ever stop you from tring to race. whatever your dreams are. we need more people like you . hope you prosper in your dreams. if I can help THANKS GARY

I think most people will agree the speed is at the second half of the track.1/8 + second half of track = 1 drag race
I do have a friend that races a BBC that likes 1/8 mile racing because his motors blow up after a few 1/4 mile races. I grew up 11 miles from a 1/4 mile track didn't make sence to go 75 miles to race only 1/2 a track. Even Tampa was only 60' short & Lakeland was & still is 660' short.

Pro Mods are freakin bad on the 1/8. Anybody ever make it over to Sunshine Dragstrip in Pinellas County/Pinellas Park?

I think most people will agree the speed is at the second half of the track.1/8 + second half of track = 1 drag race
I do have a friend that races a BBC that likes 1/8 mile racing because his motors blow up after a few 1/4 mile races. I grew up 11 miles from a 1/4 mile track didn't make sence to go 75 miles to race only 1/2 a track. Even Tampa was only 60' short & Lakeland was & still is 660' short.

Tampa was 60 ft short,downhill and no room to stop and the last 100ft usually had dirt all over it, I witness a fellow drag racer loose it in the sand ,fliped and died at Tampa drags. I crossed 579 and wound up in the Texaco station once. Hey but it was part of the old hwy 92. I've raced both 1/4 and 1/8, like them both. I guess you've written off NHRA top fuel? Since they run 1000ft now.

I went sat night and had a good time running my Dart /6. i ran 12.7 and 12.6
not bad for unrestored 77000 mile slant six.
I used to live in Lee county and we always went to Immokalee to race
it is 1/8 mile. owner has trailer with v8 powered ice cream churns. he gives ice cream for free. on saturdays when he has special events.
Lakeland needs to pass out flyers at car cruise in polk county.
I know Larry from Nostalga drag racing he used to promote in Bradenton next time i will see if he wants to print fliers.

Gary aka; flboatman1: Do what you like. 1/4 or 1/8 mile it doesn't matter. The fun is in the doing. I've never run 1/8 mile, but I bet it would be a blast. It would probably save a little fuel too. LOL

Gary aka; flboatman1: Do what you like. 1/4 or 1/8 mile it doesn't matter. The fun is in the doing. I've never run 1/8 mile, but I bet it would be a blast. It would probably save a little fuel too. LOL
hi Demon 416. my old drag strip was 10 miles so. west. of Cumberland. it was a 1/4 track. nice 72 Demon!! 1/8 mile is easer on my 65 yr. old body and 37 yr old car. :toothy10:

-
Back