What Do I Have To Do To Get You Mopar Racers To Show Up!!!

-
I'd have seen you there by now, BUT stuff gets in the way of my prep.......I still need a drive loop and my reverse lock-out bar ain't installed yet.......I'll get 'er done pretty soon and see ya' over there. 8)

I'm very, very lucky to live just 20 minutes away from Bandimere. A world class 1/4 mile dragstrip that is very well maintained and safe. It was part of the reason I moved here, lol. The only downside is the "thin air" here that kills about 20% of a naturally aspirated engines power.

I've never raced the 1/8 but these days you have to take what you can get. If that's all that was availible in my area, I most certainly would not hesitate to run. Good on you guys and have fun! :cheers:

Just a question since I've never drag raced on either a 1/8 or 1/4 mile track. How much influence does reaction time have relative to each track length? In theory, if your car is dialed in to run a particular time (i.e., handicapped), all drag races are simply tests of reaction time. But it seems like the shorter the track, the more reaction time comes into play, and the longer the track, the more the car's HP comes into play.

I race on a 1/8 mile track, Thats all we have here, it's 50 miles from me, If you want to race it shouldn't matter, better race while you can where you can, Never know when the encomny or Obama's gonna close the track down. Small tracks or closeing down all over, enjoy why you can

I'm very, very lucky to live just 20 minutes away from Bandimere. A world class 1/4 mile dragstrip that is very well maintained and safe. It was part of the reason I moved here, lol. The only downside is the "thin air" here that kills about 20% of a naturally aspirated engines power.

I've never raced the 1/8 but these days you have to take what you can get. If that's all that was availible in my area, I most certainly would not hesitate to run. Good on you guys and have fun! :cheers:
ramcharger in 1977/80 I raced at the 1/8 mile track in colo. springs I was the points division leader and went bracket nationals, at Bandimeres that year with my 1956 chev broke out 1st round with a 10.16 on a 10.32 dialin, I owned 2 companies. in the sprgs mileage performance ctr. and mileage specailties. we jetted veh. for the G.M. dealers in the springs. I know all about the thin air . jet right and you will be right. good luck GARY:cheers:

what do you run in the 1/8, also whats your 60ft.?
ALL MY 60 FT TIMES FALL BETWEEN 1.45AND 1.53 I DON'T DO SMOKE BURN OUTS I JUST CLEAN TIRES AND DO 1 QUICK JUMP, TO MAKE SURE TIRES ARE CLEAN , EVERY BODY ASK WHY I DON'T DO SMOKE BURN OUTS . I TELL THEM 2 YRS ON SLICKS VERSES 6 MO. IF YOU NEED ANY MORE INFO ON CAR LET ME KNOW. GARY

Just a question since I've never drag raced on either a 1/8 or 1/4 mile track. How much influence does reaction time have relative to each track length? In theory, if your car is dialed in to run a particular time (i.e., handicapped), all drag races are simply tests of reaction time. But it seems like the shorter the track, the more reaction time comes into play, and the longer the track, the more the car's HP comes into play.
THE FIRST MOST IMPORTENT THING IS YOUR REACTION TIME, THEN THE 60 FT TIME, IF YOU HAVE BOTH YOU WILL WINN. JUST THINK OF IT LIKE THIS , IF YOU ARE RACING A HEADS UP RACE AND YOU HAVE A REACTION TIME OF .02 AND THE CAR YOU ARE RACING HAS A .202 YOU HAVE HIM BY .20 ON THE LINE THATS 2 TENTHS OF A SEC. VERY HARD TO MAKE UP YOU NEED TO BE GOOD ON LIGHTS. I LOST LAST SAT. NIGHT BECAUSE I WAS SLOW ON LIGHS IN 3RD. ROUND. GOOD LUCK GARY.

I race on a 1/8 mile track, Thats all we have here, it's 50 miles from me, If you want to race it shouldn't matter, better race while you can where you can, Never know when the encomny or Obama's gonna close the track down. Small tracks or closeing down all over, enjoy why you can
IF IT WAS UP TO B O WE WOULD BE ALL PAWNS HIOL O. MAY BE THE 666!

I'd have seen you there by now, BUT stuff gets in the way of my prep.......I still need a drive loop and my reverse lock-out bar ain't installed yet.......I'll get 'er done pretty soon and see ya' over there. 8)
CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU OUT AT THE TRACK GOOD LUCK ON LOOP. IF YOU NEED HELP OF ANY KIND LET ME KNOW . WE ARE HERE TO HELP EACH OTHER THANK YOU FLBOATMAN1 GARY.

what do you run in the 1/8, also whats your 60ft.?
SORRY I FORGOT TO GIVE MY ET'S, AT LAKELAND I RUN BETWEEN 6.95 AND 7.15. IV'E RUN 6.92 AT SUN SHINE . IV'E GOT A 200 SHOT OF NITRUS ON CAR BUT I HAVEN'T USED IT. WHEN I BOUGHT THE CAR 8 MO. AGO IT WAS JETTED FOR A 150 SHOT, I HAD A FRIEND DRIVE IT AND HE RAN A 6.40 ON BOTTLE . I GUESS I'M AFFRAID TO USE IT. ONE OF MY FRIENDS TELLS ME I WILL BLOW THE HEADS OFF IT, SO BOTTLE IS SHUT OFF FOR NOW. BUT I WENT AND REJETTED IT TO A 200 SHOT. I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHATS BEN TOTALLY DONE TO ENG. WHEN I BOUGHT THE CAR THE OWNER HAD PASSED AWAY AND HIS WIDOW SOLD IT TO ME, SHE HAD VERY LITTLE INFO ON CAR . ALL SHE KNEW WAS THE ENG. IS A 20 OVER 360 RUNNING 13TO 1 COMP.ROLLER CAM AND 202 J HEADS PORTED SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG TO REPLY GARY:toothy10:

-
Back