What do we call these things?

-

pyrojim

Reaction score
Don't be afraid, just shout it out if you know them.
They go on top of the vent window assembly where ir screws to the window channel?
I only have one and nned to either buy new repops or find someone that has them. I find my searches are easier if I know their names.
Thanks.
Jim

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    154.4 KB · Views: 291
  • photo 2.JPG
    166.5 KB · Views: 270
Sorry, 1966 Dart convertible

Jim I have no idea what they are called but I have only one also. I'll check my part number and see if it's the same. It does look symetrical so the left and right might be the same. if so as soon as I get some more silicone rubber in for my molds I'll make a set up from the one I do have and get them to ya. I can see your part number sortof is it (221753 abc 71) and see what mine says. do you know what side your came from? driver ,passenger? I have what looks to be a passengers side one . Dang I really need to get me a 66 year parts manual to check these numbers out . give me a little bit (week or so) and the silicone for the molds should be in and then I can order the urethane rubber with coloring to make the part. it my part number is different I can make you my part numbered part a least. if it's trhe same I'll just make 2 for ya. I'll trey for the same hardness somewhere around shore 70 or so if I cna find the rubber in that hardness.

Hey Kurt.
Google doesn't seem to me my pal on this one. I ran the part number, and nothing. Looked in the service manual and couldn't find anything either? From looking at the one I have, I don't think they're symmetrical. Who knows, maybe I have the roller skate and you have the key. I'm going to look around some more, seems strange I'd only have one?
I'm gonna send you a pm. I have some things I am not going to use since I replaced them. Maybe you can get some use from them.
Thanks.
Jim

I'll double check my numbers and see if mine is different. If so together we can have a pair:D I know the hard top one is different shaped And SMALLER TOO Plus I only have one side of those too!
OK just got my part number 2217572 abc 8R so I have a passengers side part. hopefully you have a left/drivers side part
yeah they are NOT symetrical. dangit! I have the right side as in R
please say that the part number (looks like that) you have ends in L if so WE have a SET:cheers:
221753 abc 71(might be an 7L) hopefully.

Division Bar Cushions:
These are the rubber bumpers at the top of the sideglass when the sideglass is in the up position. Located at the end of the vent wing window frame - most are held in with a screw.
A-Body:
GG-157 1963-66 A-body Division bar upper cushion - hardtops $ 26.00 pair
GG-157C 1963-66 A-Body Division bar upper cushions - convertibles $ 26.00 pair

Division Bar Cushions:
These are the rubber bumpers at the top of the sideglass when the sideglass is in the up position. Located at the end of the vent wing window frame - most are held in with a screw.
A-Body:
GG-157 1963-66 A-body Division bar upper cushion - hardtops $ 26.00 pair
GG-157C 1963-66 A-Body Division bar upper cushions - convertibles $ 26.00 pair

I looked at your site today and could not find them. I bought door panels, carpet hold downs, sill plates and some other things from you. Honestly, I love the quality of your products but I have a hell of a time navigating your web site.

Hey Kurt.
Google doesn't seem to me my pal on this one. I ran the part number, and nothing. Looked in the service manual and couldn't find anything either? From looking at the one I have, I don't think they're symmetrical. Who knows, maybe I have the roller skate and you have the key. I'm going to look around some more, seems strange I'd only have one?
I'm gonna send you a pm. I have some things I am not going to use since I replaced them. Maybe you can get some use from them.
Thanks.
Jim

I can always use parts. I still don't know what else I need for the wifes 66 dart convertible (other than all the new stuff she gets and I get to fix the old stuff for me!):D
yeah it's strange , but the tip usually breaks off on the old ones, so in your pile you might find just the piece that slides into the vent assembly. I've got the part that slides into the vent frame assembly for the drivers side (dang tip broke on it) and was just going to clay up a match for the good side I do have, looking at yours and mine on the table, hmm they are mirrored. Yours looks in exceptionally good shape too. little rusty but a little cleanup and they could be easy to do. better part= better mold.

The AB on the end of the part number tells us the part fits on the left and right sides. tmm

The AB on the end of the part number tells us the part fits on the left and right sides. tmm

They don't look symmetrical. After cleaning them up, the end is a b c ?
Looks like a right and a left unless they're distorted from being stuck in there for nigh of 50 years. I might be bent a little too.
After closer inspection, one is listed 7L the other is 10R
Mystery solved. Thanks everyone, I appreciate it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 190
-
Back