What do you call the guys that complain about non stock cars?

-
You should see some of the E body guys faces when they see the hood we made for Jake's 65. He gets both ends of the spectrum from "that's f'n cool" to "what a waste of a good hood" . To each their own, I say. I used to have a pair of 71 B'cudas in the 80's . Thats part of the reason we did the hood. We all like what we like on our own cars.

You should see some of the E body guys faces when they see the hood we made for Jake's 65. He gets both ends of the spectrum from "that's f'n cool" to "what a waste of a good hood" . To each their own, I say. I used to have a pair of 71 B'cudas in the 80's . Thats part of the reason we did the hood. We all like what we like on our own cars.
Pics?

I don't know a thing about that.

View attachment 1715078711
This post is Bugging me (pic of my driveway lasy year)
general.jpg

I pretty muck like OEM stock, except I prefer the " day 2" deal. period CORRECT aftermarket wheels, some GOOD under the dash gauges so I actually know what is going on, even a tack so I can use it for tuning at the very least. I will change colors on a car but I use an OEM color maybe from another OLD year! ha.... just me.
if I sell that car, the next owner can change it back to totally stock or make a 4 x 4 out of it, his call.

Except for the Volksrod all the Bugs are gone. This is in the driveway now.
Traded a sandrail for it.
Clearly nothing stock about it.
Just took off that horrible beak
and replaced it with a 69 front end.
Got that from a more door dart that I got for free.
d1.jpg
20525743_10212174920602518_8862254817671119723_n.jpg

Going for kinda this look
but will add a few things.
20604747_10212174920762522_7101029671372198651_n.jpg
20622071_10212174920922526_3141259971536239173_n.jpg

There are some of us who believe that someone needs to remind people what these cars looked like as they came from the factory and I'm one of those. BUT, I have no problem with those who want to modify their cars. I'm of the mind that it's your car, your money, do what you want with it, and I do appreciate the time you guys put into the car making it your own. The thing that bothers me is when a perfectly good and unusual car is cut up in ways that aren't easily reversed. If someone wants to do that kind of thing find a car that's gonna need a lot of work to begin with, or is missing a lot of stuff that needs replacement. I guess in the end it comes down to both sides having, or earning, the respect of what the other group likes to do with their cars.

Agree stock is boring...BUT..stock cars are what sells when you are dealing with the collector market. It's like clone or modified cars...cool as heck but your are lucky to get half the build costs back when you sell. And eventually everything is for sale. Sad but true...

Modifying a nice original stock car is like getting breast implants when you already had nice boobs....

DD 02.jpg

There are some of us who believe that someone needs to remind people what these cars looked like as they came from the factory and I'm one of those. BUT, I have no problem with those who want to modify their cars. I'm of the mind that it's your car, your money, do what you want with it, and I do appreciate the time you guys put into the car making it your own. The thing that bothers me is when a perfectly good and unusual car is cut up in ways that aren't easily reversed. If someone wants to do that kind of thing find a car that's gonna need a lot of work to begin with, or is missing a lot of stuff that needs replacement. I guess in the end it comes down to both sides having, or earning, the respect of what the other group likes to do with their cars.

Did they ask to be reminded? Are these cars for sale you're thinking of buying? Because those would be the only two instances where your commentary would be welcomed or in any way considered positive by the owner.

Modifying a nice original stock car is like getting breast implants when you already had nice boobs....

View attachment 1715078941

Yea.
But that presupposes they are still intact.
My point would be that if the A body is missing something, it's probably going to take some creativity to make it live again.
And it may take some new rubber.
Otherwise it's melons......I mean apples and oranges.

Yea.
My point would be that if the A body is missing something, it's probably going to take some creativity to make it live again.
And it may take some new rubber.
Otherwise it's melons......I mean apples and oranges.

Nothing wrong with making a part yourself... I've done it many times, that's the beauty of them, they were pretty basic and you can fix them yourself...

I drove them as daily drivers for years since I was in high school and college... When you are a broke teenager, you have to be creative sometimes to keep it on the road at a reasonable cost...

Except for the Volksrod all the Bugs are gone. This is in the driveway now.
Traded a sandrail for it.
Clearly nothing stock about it.
Just took off that horrible beak
and replaced it with a 69 front end.
Got that from a more door dart that I got for free.View attachment 1715078859 View attachment 1715078924
Going for kinda this look
but will add a few things. View attachment 1715078925 View attachment 1715078926

Stop hating big noses.
I like them on women.
Beak cars rule too.
(See how I worked this video in?)

Yea.

But if you are buying it, you have the choice of what condition that you are starting with...

If it ain't good enough, don't buy it... Find a better one...

for as $ and cents, fact is these cars will always come up for sale some time, like just mentioned, and for a customized car to sell, you have to find a buyer with the same likes as you!!!! so you did the interior custom, yo lke it, and yes if it sells to someone does not like it, he can change it out for sure, but that costs $$$$. all about $$$ when sale time comes.....
lets face it, in general for the MOST part, our A bodies are at the bottom of the market value wise. you will see. for example, few REAL roadrunners, and REAL 383 cudas, customized. just good business, you will see 318 cudas and 318 satelittes either cloned or customized for the most part.. a few will remain stock. sorta like, say, slant 74 dusters. most will be made into SB cars, and so be it. that same Duster will tend to appeal to some as an unmolested slant car, most will love the idea of the SB or even BB conversion, some will want customized dash, modern seats, coil front suspension.....
they are just cars, this is just a hobby, and more the most part, we tend to let people do as they like, and we do the same. the world is still full of old mopars.

-
Back