What do you call the guys that complain about non stock cars?

-
I figure as time marches on, we will see more of our mopars go the way of the street rod..... "updated" custom instrument cluster, after market tilt steering column, funky steering wheels, funky 20 inch rims, ( I like the word funky), plug and play wiring harness, adding "modern" bucket seats.........wait, we are there already!!? ha
mopar shows will also consist of 50% modern ( as in 2010 and newer) mopars ......ha... ya gotta love "progress"..

My reply was to all the punk *** kids here that have no idea what it takes to restore a car to OEM level, and calling people like me an ASSHOLE just shows what level of individual these types of people are. That is one reason I quit coming here for years, though I know more about your precious A-Bodies than EVERYONE on this site. Go ahead and just try and stump me on anything related to these cars, as was said in the movie Taken, GOOD LUCK... Now get off your high horses and try and appreciate what it takes to bring a car to a purest level. I am not a rich man by any means, I have worked hard for everything I have, and if you just want to drive a modified A-Body that is your choice, no reason to dis anyone who has a different take on what these great cars should be, GROW UP!

I was happy when I went to buy my 7 barracuda and found it had no tag. That means when I US cartooled it, I did not have to worry that I was cutting up something special. I sold a real 67 GTO once when I was about to cut it and bought a 5 lemans to drag...right choice. I still trade hot rods for the weekend with that fella that bought the real GTO so I get to enjoy it every now and again. I showed up at the BOP drags once and had some guy talk about how under the hood looked like a Christmas tree, (I wasn't so detail oriented at the time)...then I squeezed him during second round of elimination. I wouldn't modify the poop out of an original 383 barracuda, but I would something that is really not something special. My .02. I'm going for a 70s hot roddy look. mini tubbed stock paint, but probably not 67 stock color. I'm likin the 69 bronze color. Probably put a super stocker hood too. Its gonna be rad. It came with a 383 so a 383 it gets. I did save the 3:23 posi diff out of it. I guess that was pretty smart. SO I just ignore the guy who doesn't have something nice to say unless he wants to line up....then Ill congratulate him IF he can win...otherwise he/she is just talk....lotta talk

To each his/her own. I do like those stock cars too. poly tires n all...maybe some plastic over the bench seat.

In the Aircooled VW world we called them "Stock Nazis"
Now that Im back into Mopars I dont think that fits.
So - whats your favorite saying to the guys that complain when they see your car is not stock?
What do you call them?
You know the ones that cant keep there mouth shut about your Hood Scoop
or front end from a 69 when the car is a 70.

If you are one of "those guys" what do you call yourself?

Not trying to start an argument LOL!
Just quirious after I saw a post on a mopar FB page and someone complaining that the car in question had a hood scoop on it but otherwise looked stock.
I say "So F'in what, my car my way and if you don't like it, well, I can help you fix it." I stop, wait for the Inevitable reply, "How is that?!"
I say, "Look over there!" And point into the opposite direction, they turn around and look. "I come up besides them and say, "There, all fixed! Now you don't see my Car anymore!" Now gonwalknthat way so your not Offended by my car."

Oh yea, they get pissed and riled up. I normally hold up my hand to stop with a "Hold up! Hold up! Where is your car? I'd like a fair shot at picking apart your car!"

This is often followed by, "I ain't got one"
which is followed by
"Good, F-off until you get one. Then come back to me when you do so I can sh)$$&&@ all over your hard work no matter how good, correct or personal it may be.
Piss off! My car my way and don't you worry about what I destroyed or not!"

I've posted this here before but, for this very reason a friend of mine removed the fender tag off his pro street roadrunner and replaced it with a fender tag that simply said "FU" (only not abbreviated).
Wish I'd of thought of that when we raced a 72 Satellite as a 71 440 6bbl Road Runner in NHRA Stock Eliminator. *** wipes would look at our car in the pits and go to the VIN. Mumble to their buddy and walk away. I guess we should've butchered an original car.

I can't wait to finish my 74 Dart Sport cloned as a 70-71 Duster. 'Glass fenders, hood and bumpers.
Go ahead, say sump thin!!! lol

I have 2 A bodies. A survivor Dart and a Duster that got it's "stock" cherry popped a long time before I ever got it.
My Dart I won't do anything to as far as a modification. The car is what it is and it can stand on it's own.
The Duster, well, the things I have planed for it will make a purist piss his drawers.
I did put the /6 back under the hood after the 1st one crapped out. I caught holy hell for that, but my wife drives the car and I don't need her getting stupid in it ( yes, I have that problem).
I hope she never finds out about 4bbl intakes for /6's, she'll want that!

and to think I have been having mega guilt feelings because I had to toss the friggin GM buckets that the PO had in my 71 duster project, and then I put in his newly upholstered 68 cuda bench he had. it has NO headrests!!!!!! OK so I admit I used the radio delete plate I had too. so it is a slant car, but I make those V8 sounds with my throat before I crank it....

Mine came with a blue oval 9" rear.it really really has to go. Any bowtie rears fit a 65 barracuda? Im no purist, but i can deal with a bowtie over a blue oval all day long.
FYI, just incase you didn't know, the
MoPar rears are equal length axles. GM's are not. The Mopar engines are offset, the GM's are centered.

Mine came with a blue oval 9" rear.it really really has to go. Any bowtie rears fit a 65 barracuda? Im no purist, but i can deal with a bowtie over a blue oval all day long.

Ain't no G.M. rearend any where close to being as tough as a 9"..

I'd rather see a blown twin dominator HEMI with 2-1/2 inch fender well headers, 5spd manual and a honkin DANA out back.

Here's a song for ya
My reply was to all the punk *** kids here that have no idea what it takes to restore a car to OEM level, and calling people like me an ASSHOLE just shows what level of individual these types of people are. That is one reason I quit coming here for years, though I know more about your precious A-Bodies than EVERYONE on this site. Go ahead and just try and stump me on anything related to these cars, as was said in the movie Taken, GOOD LUCK... Now get off your high horses and try and appreciate what it takes to bring a car to a purest level. I am not a rich man by any means, I have worked hard for everything I have, and if you just want to drive a modified A-Body that is your choice, no reason to dis anyone who has a different take on what these great cars should be, GROW UP!

I know EXACTLY what it takes to restore a car to the OEM level. I grew up in a shop that did nothing but that. We restored old British iron, and let me tell you those guys know how many stitches are in the carpet kits, how thick the original English-made washers are, all of it. Mopar purists have nothing on those guys. It's a ton of hard work, research, and anal retentive attention to detail. The amount of time I wasted digging through bins filled with pounds and pounds of old Brit hardware to find the right length whitworth bolt that had the right stamping mark on it, let me tell you :BangHead:. And you know what it is at the end of the day? A waste of time, money and effort. Total waste. Because 99% of the time, after all that work and effort, you get a car that gets parked in a stupid garage 51-1/2 weeks out of the year and maybe trailered to a couple shows by a purist a$$hole that has a come apart if the car gets a spec of dirt on it. A beautiful car that never gets driven anywhere, and only gets seen by a bunch of self-righteous blowhards at fancy car shows. Guys that think they know everything about a certain car. I've seen guys like that step on their dicks plenty of times with original owners. "Oh, all of these cars left the factory with a blah-blah-blah". Or really? Well here's the guy that drove this car off the lot, and it didn't have one. Huh. Guess the guys on the assembly line weren't perfect, imagine that.

You want a perfect OEM car? Awesome, knock yourself out. But don't think for one split second that I care if the suspension pieces are painted the right color, or if all the casting date codes match, or if the emblem has the right number of studs or whatever. It's all just BS, none of that stuff makes the car work better. Cars are meant to be driven. If it's not tearing down the road it's just an oversized paper weight, no matter what color its concourse medal is or how many car show trophies it has. Paper weight.

And, if YOU don't think that my modified car doesn't have exactly as much time and effort into as your garage paper weight, kiss my backside. Just because my water pump doesn't have a date code on it because I bought it from Summit doesn't mean I didn't put in just as much time and effort somewhere else. And it definitely doesn't mean that I don't know how to check the proper date code, or where it should be. I just used my effort to make my car FUNCTION better. I know it's not stock, I intentionally made it exactly that way and I did it for a reason. And it takes just as much work, it's just different.

Your comments are exactly why people hate purists- You think your car is better because it's OEM. It's not. In fact, it's slower, handles worse, and is all around less capable than the majority of the modified cars out there. It's less useful as a CAR exactly because it is OEM. Maybe it's "prettier" and worth more. So what? Mine's more fun. And yeah, I can look at a car like yours and pick out the date codes and factory paint marks and all the other BS. I don't bother being that guy at the car show because I don't CARE, not because I don't know how to do it.

I've posted this here before but, for this very reason a friend of mine removed the fender tag off his pro street roadrunner and replaced it with a fender tag that simply said "FU" (only not abbreviated).

This is awesome. If I ever start going to shows again I might have to make one of those.

Better yet, maybe I'll make one with a bunch of random numbers and letters, grouped in the same OE format. Codes that don't actually mean anything. Or maybe belong to a different body style altogether. Keep those bastards guessing for awhile before they figure it out. That would be priceless. :D

Wait, J37? What's that? P35? Power tailgate window? On a 2-door hardtop? :p

Here's a song for ya

:rofl:

Perfect!

If it looks good and sounds good goin down the road, I can respect it. If you built it yourself, I can respect it even more. If you complain about my car I can't respect you at all.

VERY WELL SAID!! Lol
I am a purist to a certain extent. Meaning if the car is "worth" IT.
I own 2 mopars. I have owned others, not 300 lol but a few.
Both my current ones are S Barracudas. One is a 25+ year project. 1 of 34, 340 4spd ragtop 69 formula s. Not a single smile behind the wheel. Why?? Life. Timing, bodyshop jail you name it. It may never get done but its getting closer.
The car I drive now 67 S fastback. Redone back to stock. Except for engine pieces, electronic ign and rims n rubber its stock. Cali car and as solid as I have seen any mopar.
Drive it in the rain. Hell ive driven the ***** in the snow! Being my most reliable vehicle at the time I had no choice. Either stay put (away from home for work) OR drive it home 300 miles to see kids and grandkids.
Do it again too. But it is a pi$$ poor winter beater lol
Ive never crunched the "one of....." numbers on it but I bet its low #'s. Ive.gone to home depot and loaded 8' 2×4's in it. Guy in parking lot just howled and gave me a thumbs up.
It was meant to be driven and I do. I only do one.car show a year Moparfest. And its awesome. A large group of us looking at each others cars. Not sitting in a lawnchair waiting to say "thanks!" to every admirer that checks out your wheels.
I do a quick walk thru to check out the "indoor" cars but Id rather be outside bsing with someone or going in the chicken wing eating contest. Still reigning champ btw lol
I highly doubt I will get another project but rest assured the #'s this and #'s that will be right out the fuckin window!
For me lifes too short.
I know EXACTLY what it takes to restore a car to the OEM level. I grew up in a shop that did nothing but that. We restored old British iron, and let me tell you those guys know how many stitches are in the carpet kits, how thick the original English-made washers are, all of it. Mopar purists have nothing on those guys. It's a ton of hard work, research, and anal retentive attention to detail. The amount of time I wasted digging through bins filled with pounds and pounds of old Brit hardware to find the right length whitworth bolt that had the right stamping mark on it, let me tell you :BangHead:. And you know what it is at the end of the day? A waste of time, money and effort. Total waste. Because 99% of the time, after all that work and effort, you get a car that gets parked in a stupid garage 51-1/2 weeks out of the year and maybe trailered to a couple shows by a purist a$$hole that has a come apart if the car gets a spec of dirt on it. A beautiful car that never gets driven anywhere, and only gets seen by a bunch of self-righteous blowhards at fancy car shows. Guys that think they know everything about a certain car. I've seen guys like that step on their dicks plenty of times with original owners. "Oh, all of these cars left the factory with a blah-blah-blah". Or really? Well here's the guy that drove this car off the lot, and it didn't have one. Huh. Guess the guys on the assembly line weren't perfect, imagine that.

You want a perfect OEM car? Awesome, knock yourself out. But don't think for one split second that I care if the suspension pieces are painted the right color, or if all the casting date codes match, or if the emblem has the right number of studs or whatever. It's all just BS, none of that stuff makes the car work better. Cars are meant to be driven. If it's not tearing down the road it's just an oversized paper weight, no matter what color its concourse medal is or how many car show trophies it has. Paper weight.

And, if YOU don't think that my modified car doesn't have exactly as much time and effort into as your garage paper weight, kiss my backside. Just because my water pump doesn't have a date code on it because I bought it from Summit doesn't mean I didn't put in just as much time and effort somewhere else. And it definitely doesn't mean that I don't know how to check the proper date code, or where it should be. I just used my effort to make my car FUNCTION better. I know it's not stock, I intentionally made it exactly that way and I did it for a reason. And it takes just as much work, it's just different.

Your comments are exactly why people hate purists- You think your car is better because it's OEM. It's not. In fact, it's slower, handles worse, and is all around less capable than the majority of the modified cars out there. It's less useful as a CAR exactly because it is OEM. Maybe it's "prettier" and worth more. So what? Mine's more fun. And yeah, I can look at a car like yours and pick out the date codes and factory paint marks and all the other BS. I don't bother being that guy at the car show because I don't CARE, not because I don't know how to do it.

This is awesome. If I ever start going to shows again I might have to make one of those.

Better yet, maybe I'll make one with a bunch of random numbers and letters, grouped in the same OE format. Codes that don't actually mean anything. Or maybe belong to a different body style altogether. Keep those bastards guessing for awhile before they figure it out. That would be priceless. :D

Wait, J37? What's that? P35? Power tailgate window? On a 2-door hardtop? :p

:rofl:

Perfect!

-
Back