What do you charge your phone with in your A body ??????????

-

duster360

Reaction score
I hope to be able to go on some short cruises this summer in my Dart. Is there a device that will plug into the old cigarette lighter and charge a cell phone? What do you use?

I hope to be able to go on some short cruises this summer in my Dart. Is there a device that will plug into the old cigarette lighter and charge a cell phone? What do you use?

Yep I used one all summer. Just get a short usb charger and a phone.charger that plugs into the usb.
I
When I wasn't in car I would unplug it outta the charger. 50 year old wires I don't need anymore surprises

Havent cruised my Duster yet, but yes... You can get a lighter to USB converter pretty much anywhere that sells cell phone accessories. Use one in my Magnum

I'm pretty sure any of the 12v push in charger for car power outlet/cigar lighters will work, even in our old cars. I just got one from Walmart for $9.

Yup. My HiPo was ordered with "lighter delete" along with other deletions to save weight. Who knew back in '65?

just go to the store and ask for a car charger.

Get a decent quality car charger, the cheapo, gas station ones do not last long, they heat up and fall apart.

use a usb cigarette car charger with the correct charging cable or find the correct charger for your phone

Another, "more universal" route you can go is to buy a cheap, low power inverter. You can get those pretty cheap, and they will run any 120V device within limits of the inverter, your laptop, tablet, etc.

I make sure my phone is charged before I leave the house.

I have a Blackberry Passport, don't need to charge it for days... AND, it runs on pump gas!

Compare that to your Phord My Little iPony or your Chubby Fandroid... :finga:

No iPhone here. Still on 3g and have a charger for the car...

..in the "hot rod" - off the grid.. ..like Rusty said, I make sure my phone is charged before I leave the house... of course there is NO way I could use it while I am driving the ol' thing but hey, I have it with me juuuuuuust in case... oh, flip phone here and I'm still not 100% convinced I need that..

Mine is an antique flip phone. JUST a phone. No internet no email no nuthin, so it will last about nine days on a charge.

I always get cables / adapters of any type from ebay. Most are free shipping, no tax, much greater selection, and vastly cheaper than anything you find in a store.

-
Back