What do you guys think about this color ?

-
I wasn't going to respond to this cuz I hate opinion polls. It's like a political question, your going to get responses from the far left (resto/traditionalists) all the way to the far right ("modifiers"). Personally I like green, especially the new shades that have come out the last decade. On the other hand I feel the traditional Mopar greens are over used. Are you a resto/traditionalist or are you more of a "modifier"?

Have you seen that color on a car or are you going by pics? This is just a suggestion, go down to a KIA dealer and check a car out in that shade in different lighting conditions, from bright sunshine to dark overcast and see if you really like it. If so go for it because you are going to spend thousands of hard earned dollars on a paint job even if you do it yourself. Who gives a s==t what others think, it's your car. Frankly "Panther Pink" cars make me want to puke but I'm sure the owners wouldn't agree. I feel your pain because color choice is the hardest decision you will have to make on what to do with your car. It can "make or break" it. I'm a "modifier" and am going with a non Mopar color a lot of people are going to give me flack over, but I like it, so their opinions don't matter to me.

Luke, depending on the budget (I remember you were looking for a driver quality) you have for paint and bodywork I would also consult with your painter, So he can properly prep the car for the color you choose.
I think it doesn't look too bad, unlike the f3 which is a greenish silver it is a silvery green. I looked up some other pictures of it and put together a few lighter greens. I think the pic you had was not the best display of that color.

Attachments

• kia-soul-2014-green-picture.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 176
  • 71-Plymouth-GTX-2Door-Green-001.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 174
  • 4760719442_5c5927feb9_z.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 188
  • plasti-2_zps51898c2e.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 190
I have seen people paint non Mopars with some of Chrysler's high optic colors and Most often they don't 'look right' to me. Color choice is a real crap shoot. The guy making the decision is the one risking his hard earned money. Because I'm not a die hard restorer I tend to like taking risks. Someone had to choose the paint scheme for the Sox & Martin cars. A factory color would have kept it from becoming as iconic as it is. If Stone, Woods & Cook had painted their '41 Willys factory black instead of the metallic blue it might have sucked. (- And there was probably someone telling them at the time that the blue was a mistake) The bottom line is that you will never know for sure if it'll look good until it's on the car. And then you'll have to match the right tire and wheel choice, a decent stripe design (if you're using one), the correct stance for the car to set, an interior scheme that goes with it, etc, etc...

Back in the 70s I chose to paint my '70 Roadrunner black and have it flamed. I thought it looked pretty good until I added the large standing bird decal (from a Superbird) to the rear quarters. Then it started to suck. - Too many graphics for a street car and not enough for a drag car. Eventually I peeled the bird decals off. Like I said, you'll never know for sure if it'll work until you actually see it on the car.

Stopped by kia today and took a pic of the car in full sun. here is what it looks like.
photo_zps0750290b.jpg
pretty close to f5 but with a tad more zing to it. the pic I posted was more than likely enhanced to make alot of contrast.

It is definitely a nice color and a pearl paint with quite a bit more yellow then the F5 paint.. I guess the classic car colors are being replaced by the new pearls and three step paints... On that particular car it will not make a lot of difference ...Bill

I really dig the Kia green color. I tell ya what...paint it that color, and if you don't like we, we can trade straight across for my Dart. It's the car in my pics, and it's white. It will basically give you a "do over".

Jason

i really dig the kia green color. I tell ya what...paint it that color, and if you don't like we, we can trade straight across for my dart. It's the car in my pics, and it's white. It will basically give you a "do over".

Jason
lol

Strangely enough, I happened across 2 Kia's today with that same color paint you are leaning towards. I think it would look hot. Go for it!

It's a nice shade and funny thing is I have been noticing (start paying attention to things since you posted) a similar shade of green from a lot of auto manufacturers.

i love it I really like it if you like it do it I really also like the new jeep green that kinda flip flops that is awesome

i love it I really like it if you like it do it I really also like the new jeep green that kinda flip flops that is awesome
i think one of the coolest greens is 2008 charger sublime green metallic. it has a beautiful lellow pearl in it that you can see when the sun is beating on it and changes to more of a 70 duster green when the sun disappears. definitely check it out. my 35 plymouth.

Attachments

• 100_0113.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 139
my 69 notch is in the body shop and the plan is f5 green. This has a bit more pop to it.
My car is going to have a black top and black stripes. Just thinking out loud and would like some opinions

The color is nice and really nice with the black top

-
Back