What do you guys think about this color ?

-
Just do not like the color...
Thanks for the comeback. My car is gonna be green either way.
here is a pic of an f5 that I grabbed of the net
CIMG2050_zps38934554.jpg

Bottom line is it's your car do it the way you like it. Probably not my first choice but if you like it go for it. None of my cars are original I build them the way I want it or an afford to do it at the time. I enjoy them all the way they are.

Why not add some mica or aluminum to the f5 green. Get a small sample, say about a pint if you can, add mica/aluminum and see what happens? Not the whole car, but a sample piece and then see if you like the pop. I did that with a pint sample I had. The mica added to it, but I still didn't like the shade of the original blue.

Back in the 60's Mopar did some cool things with their poly paint. They didn't use pearl like they do today but a lot of the shades had a color changing glow that the other car makers didn't have. You might need to experiment with a little pearl to get the effect if that's what you want. A local shop painted a 69 Road Runner A4 Silver poly but it had a hint of green in certain light and a beautiful gold glow in the sun. When it was cloudy it just looked silver.
tmm

Attachments

• 031002951519[00].jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 224
  • 031002951444[00].jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 239
  • 104.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 228
Why would you ruin the originality of a 69 Barracuda with a Kia paint regardless of whether you like it or not... It is just plain wrong...It will depreciate the value of the car to begin with... Don't get me wrong I have seen this color and it is sharp but not on any Mopar...Bill

Personally, I like it. I don't think it would ruin it. I think part of the fun of owning these kinds of cars is personalizing them, making them into your vision of what would be fun for you. This color is not so outrageous. Just take a look thru all of the hi-impact colors that Mopar painted on cars. Plum crazy, Panther Pink, Go Mango, Top Banana etc... This color is in the same vein. I think it may be nice to add some original type stripes. Have fun and do what feels right for you. Although paint is not cheap, if you don't like it, paint is temporary.

i cant vote, because i dont care for any shade of green for a car of my own. not saying green is bad, just not for me

Why would you ruin the originality of a 69 Barracuda with a Kia paint regardless of whether you like it or not... It is just plain wrong...It will depreciate the value of the car to begin with... Don't get me wrong I have seen this color and it is sharp but not on any Mopar...Bill

Kia paint? What a moronic statement. I like it. I like green anyway, so I am partial. Kia paint. I gotta remember that one.

I didn't know if I would like this orange starburst on the Sebring vert,but others sure do as it always gets compliments(car was green)

Attachments

• 000_4182.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 228
  • 000_4183.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 218
Paint it the color that you want, after all your the guy that has to look at it everyday.

Kia paint? What a moronic statement. I like it. I like green anyway, so I am partial. Kia paint. I gotta remember that one.
You can always depend on Rusty Rats *** to chime in with some stupid *** comment.. It is a Kia color exclusive to Kia so It is paint that only Kia uses or Kia color/ paint ... I refuse to have a battle of wits with someone that is unarmed... By the way we are in the year 2014 and the Civil war is over...:cheers:

My dad's 71 Chrysler 300 was painted in April Green Metallic. Not sure it popped quite as much as that but it is a legit Chrysler paint and from what I remember, kind of close to the Kia's shade.

Steve

paint it to suit you that's all that counts.
a little history: back when these cars were new, metallic paint just started coming on the scene. the F8 dark green met was VERY popular, I loved it too! many mopars cars came new with it. fast forward to mid 80's. the musclecar craze starts. people find tons of 69 roadrunners in original FADED dark green paint!!!! these cars are 20 yrs old with old paint technology.... well yes it looked like a warmed over tu--! people hated to get an original green car, cause then they either changed the color.! or painted it the original green, which at that time not many people wanted, they ALL pretty much wanted a RED car or other standout color.....matching original b s was king!this was well before before the clone, tribute car, chevy HEI on a mopar etc....
that dark green met is really a pretty color when NEW paint!!!! other lighter colors can be pretty too. but what counts is what YOU want.

If you want a green to standout:

images

My DD is this color with a carbon hood and hatch spoiler. It looks good offset with black.

Your car, what's the difference what anyone thinks? Will tell you what my body guy told me....if you can not afford to re-squirt the car in a few years stay away from "fad" colors...as these colors get old as quickly as they become popular...Lot of cars never get repainted once they are restored....ask yourself if you can live with that funky *** color til you part with the car?

-
Back