what do you guys think about this hemi?

-
You could build one much cheaper, or buy one cheaper in new crate form unless you really, really want it for the #'s matching aspect.

I would have that thing torn down and inspected by a pro especially with that asking price since nothing would suck worse than buying a worn out hemi and losing $18-k.

IMHO 18.5K is way to much even for a date coded block. Hell you can buy a brand new Indy 505HP 426 with the same intake setup for 15.5K.

Terry

I think you can do far better than 18k for a Hemi. Unless you're doing a numbers-matching rest, what's the point/benefit of buying a 66 block? Other than that it's your typical Hemi-roid...........

There were a TON of Hemi blocks cast in 66 and they were used up through 68 (till they ran out) so the casting date really doesn't mean much. The only to have a shot at what year that Hemi is would be by the stampings on the pad above the waterpump housing. Carbs would be numbered as well as the intake, but they may NOT be original to that motor

That is quite pricy. I agree with some of the other posts, unless you are making some special numbers matching set up, best to keep looking. Hell a Pontiac Ram Air V block, not even a production block but extremely rare does not even come close to 18K.

The inline 2x4 bbl. setup was used on the production Street Hemis from 1966-1971. The drag racing versions had the cross-ram setup, and the NASCAR ones had the single 4 bbl. on the "recessed-plenum" (bathtub) cross-ram intake.

You could build one much cheaper, or buy one cheaper in new crate form unless you really, really want it for the #'s matching aspect.

I would have that thing torn down and inspected by a pro especially with that asking price since nothing would suck worse than buying a worn out hemi and losing $18-k.

I agree

I like how he says the added value to your car is worth the expense so if you drop this pig in your car the value just went up 18 grand LOL. Build one the way you want it for less money thats a no brainer

-
Back