1969 Plymouth Barracuda
$25,995

1146056990.jpg

1146056993.jpg

1146056987.jpg

1146056982.jpg

1146056980.jpg

From the sale ad

This sharp 1969 Plymouth Barracuda is a great driving classic car thats sure to get plenty of looks as your out cruising around. The car was restored at some point and repainted with the factory 318 motor being swapped for a 383. Its had a new steering gearbox put in with a complete tune up. Also, has a high performance torque converter installed along with 3:55 gears in the rear end. The transmission was just rebuilt with a 24,000 mile warranty. Motor was built and has about 3000 miles on it

Underhood looks like crap, check out the heater hoses....you can bet the rest of the car is just as poorly put together

In S.Dakota do you need a safety inspection to register a car? If so you'll need to put the windshield washer bottle & pump back.

Last edited:
Underhood looks like crap, check out the heater hoses....you can bet the rest of the car is just as poorly put together
Agreed, im guessing the heater core is bad cant figure why else they would do that, but the body looks pretty dam good and the interior as well, but giving that and the funky **** on the engine im trying to decide if the price is right for a few hundred buck you can pretty up that motor fix those screwed up tail pipes and maybe?? Im not sure what a clean body engine swap one is worth... does the 383 help the price a lot?

$15,000 or so. You'll never get that far though. You need to look it over very carefully for hidden damage, rust, etc. For $25,000 it had better be close to perfect. Not what I'm seeing.

Agreed, im guessing the heater core is bad cant figure why else they would do that, but the body looks pretty dam good and the interior as well, but giving that and the funky **** on the engine im trying to decide if the price is right for a few hundred buck you can pretty up that motor fix those screwed up tail pipes and maybe?? Im not sure what a clean body engine swap one is worth... does the 383 help the price a lot?
If they half assed the heater core, used zip ties everywhere and used a universal radiator hose, you can be SURE, the rest of the car is done the same way. In my opinion it's not worth half the asking price

Thanks guys, I sometimes buy **** and regret it later, when I get back to town ill look it over real close and see if a bunch of it is Jury rigged like the heater hoses, and i was thinking it was maybe worth 20k so im glad you all straightened me out. Who knows maybe they'll take 15 for it.

Thanks guys, I sometimes buy **** and regret it later, when I get back to town ill look it over real close and see if a bunch of it is Jury rigged like the heater hoses, and i was thinking it was maybe worth 20k so im glad you all straightened me out. Who knows maybe they'll take 15 for it.
Have you went and looked at this with your own eyes?

I'll just say this, I don't know what it's actually worth, the market will determine that. But you'll NEVER get a thumbs up on this site when it comes to car value. Go on your own and make your own mind up. If you think it's worth 20k, pay it. I personally like the car. Heater hoses is at most a leaky heater core. I've bypassed the same way before. Just a thing to help you negotiate the price. ........ Or ask what the folks here what they have for sale that's better for cheaper??? :D

Last edited:
I'll just say this, I don't know what it's actually worth, the market will determine that. But you'll NEVER get a thumbs up on this site when it comes to car value. Go on your own and make your own mind up. If you think it's worth 20k, pay it. I personally like the car. Heater hoses is at most a leaky heater core. I've bypassed the same way before. Just a thing to help you negotiate the price. ........ Or ask what the folks here what they have for sale that's better for cheaper??? :D
He asked for everyone's opinion, not whether any of us have a car for sale. And the point about the heater hoses, the heater hoses dont make the car worth less, it's just that the guy who does that on a 25k car, you know DAMN well, the whole car is that way.

He asked for everyone's opinion, not whether any of us have a car for sale. And the point about the heater hoses, the heater hoses dont make the car worth less, it's just that the guy who does that on a 25k car, you know DAMN well, the whole car is that way.
I gave my opinion as well. And it's ok for me to suggest to ask a forum of 50k Mopar A-body members if they have a car that's better priced or better condition for sell. And no, neither you or I can say "the whole car is that way".

True on most of that. But after 40+ years of working on these cars, I can tell you with almost absolute certainty, that car will have plenty of shoddy work we cant see in these pictures. Lots of clues! But......if the OP wants it bad enough to pay the price, and fix what he doesn't like, then good for him!

He may have bypassed core to keep the interior heat down. I would do that here in the summer. When its 105 it makes a difference.
Is it a hot climate car ?

Is it on a new car lot ?
they are probably in it 12k or less. New car dealers wont put much in a classic car. They hit them REAL soft.

I'm a fan of the 67/69 notches but that car is a $15K car on a good day. The wing sucks and the tips look bad. The underhood big block is a big negative and the wheels look like 14" SBP.
I would offer 10K and not feel guilty about it-------------------------

If it is a decent rust free car and drives nice I cant see how you could duplicate it for 15k....
I see guys pay 6-8k for cars that need everything .

-
Back