What do you guys think?

-

SRT_DSTRHOLC

Reaction score
Its a friends setup but he wasnt getting any info on what power should be or what might run in his duster

360 .40 over
.39 gasket
Cross wind intake
kb107 pistons
Magnum Heads with 1.6 roller rockers
10.7 compression
Xe274 cam .524 lift with 1.6 rockers
Full Msd ignition
35 total timming 17intial
750 vac sec with 72 jets 6.5 PV with 13in of Vac
Flowtech headers to a 3in X pipe and 2 chamber Flows
2in HVH carb spacer

4.10 sure grip with SS springs and Mopar racing shocks in the rear. 904 trans with manual valve body and BTE 3200 or 3600 stall. It foot brakes at like 2500 I think
and a Adjustable Pinion snubber. And frame connectors
Champion 9yc plugs gaped to .045

Is he running slicks? Does he use a pinion snubber? I would think it should run in the 12.5 to 13.0 range with the proper hookup and 60ft times. I may be smoking crack too:) I always over estimate my mods:( oops just saw the snubber.... is he setting it up about a 1/4" from the contact point?

What size and type of tire?
If it hooks, 12.6 @ 109...if not...who knows, maybe high 12's. Looks to be around 390 hp at the crank (give or take).

With a better converter, low 12's.

Loose the spacer, drop the total timing back 4 degrees. The intake is holding it back some and I know nothing about the cam, but I'd be looking at somewhere around 375hp from it as it sits.

I'd also guess 375-385 hp and BTW don't expect that cam to pull 13 inches of vacuum. I ran one in my 360 with 9.95:1 compression (actually calculated, not guessed) and it only pulled 7.5~8 inches of vacuum. Other than that it's a pretty good cam. I agree with Moper about dropping the spacer. A bud of mine that has a hot 340 in a 67 Cuda has that intake tried a spacer and it made it run worse and hard to tune.

Your bud's setup is similar to mine except I have 3:73 gears and ported X heads. With street radials it don't' hook good at all. Once it hooked good enough to run 12.80 My car might be heavier than yours as it seems to be a pig weighing in at 3440 with a half tank of gas. Add my lard butt and it's 3625 lbs. From what I've seen most Dusters run about 200 lbs. lighter so that's an approx. 2 tenths advantage for your bud. If yours hooks good it should run high 12's no problem.

Yep, drop the spacer, decrease the power valve rating, move up on the jets to 74's or larger, close the plug gap to .040, drop timing to 32 total but keep the intial timing about where it is (pull some mechanical advance out). I'll bet he could get 400 out of it if it's tuned right.

That 2" HVH spacer is nice piece for boosting power on the top end with single plane manifold like a Victor, not so hot for dual plane.

Hes going to get the Mickey thompson street radial and He has also lowered the gap to .45. The 13psi was in Park. He now has 8-9psi in gear with a 4.5 PV and I will tell him to junk the spacer and adding to all this he does have and adjustable snubber.

And I think he said in the future he might either port the magnums, or go with the RHS 360x magnum head and possibly go to the eddy intake and port the intake to match the heads.

so we took the spacer off and now hes getting 8-9 a little more erratic than before...and we will be going with 68s up front to see how that runs with 72 in the back

Dropping the PV should help clean it up in gear too. The Magnums can move a good amount of air as they are. The next upgrade for me would be the intake to the Edelbrock.

I was actually told to just stay with the crosswind since its already on..unless I can sell it then I would get the other one

I was actually told to just stay with the crosswind since its already on..unless I can sell it then I would get the other one
I,m gonna sell my Torker II and go with the better RPM Air-gap.It.ll make a world of difference.If you can sell the crosswind,and upgrade to the air-gap?Go for it!2 cents.:read2:

well a guy is selling me the intake for 175shipped but I want to sell mine before I get it

The Crosswind works. It just doesnt work fantastic. So it's not like it's going to make or break the engine. Just an area to think about as you get more into things.

Ok thanks, but if someone could buy mine I would feel better about getting the eddy

-
Back