what do you make of this?

-
torsion bar doesnt look like it is installed all the way and the clip is missing....brake line looks like it has been replaced,exhaust looks normal for an a body with headers...is this a trick question or is waldo hidin in the pic somewhere???

The turned it up and welded it so when you launch it that side is already up some back yard chassis design like using a chain welded to the block and the k memeber as a solid motor mount lol seen a few ppl do that around here

that's funny because that was my thoughts. I was told that old school drag racing they would limit the natural loading / twisting on takeoff by playin with the loads on the bars and the welding them tight.

uhhhmmmm,that wouldn't work in a kazillion years...maybe do some scraping on that puppie to see if it's welded in there.....it doesnt look to be deep enough into the socket and I can't see a clip to hold it into place but i cant see any welding from here....wheres my glasses???

Not only does it look like it was welded, it even appears that they couldn't slide it all the way in so they sawed it off. Kind of looks like saw marks on it. I've seen stranger.

if anyone wants to see the original file that can be enlarged, send me your email and I will send and a few others of the car over. The car is not located close to me so I can go see myself. I would usually hire someone to do the dirty work for me, but I am hesitant on this one.

Attachments

• new-5.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 156
Ill bet there is a bunch of roofing tar smeared all over the floor pans under the carpet.

if anyone wants to see the original file that can be enlarged, send me your email and I will send and a few others of the car over. The car is not located close to me so I can go see myself. I would usually hire someone to do the dirty work for me, but I am hesitant on this one.

looking at that pic you can actually see the retaining clip. doesn't look to be welded to me. looks like a tar like crap all over. maybe a melted under coat?

yeap,looking like a tar has melted, dripped from the floor plug versus a weld. Now it makes me wonder what other issues are to be found? Interior has been sprayed. (was the famous burg color), but does have a 340,727,8-3/4.
i will post up some of the car tomorrow. Car has been re-quartered, some rear floor holes, trunk well replaced.

-
Back