What do you think about this 66 Fury?

-

1968FormulaS340

Reaction score
i have seen it in person, several times. Great looking car. More pics in the Craigslist ad. I wouldn't mind buying it but I have no idea about the price. Guy is asking $16,500.

1966 Plymouth Fury III Coupe

IMG_0690.JPG

I love some of those late 60's body styles.
Nice wheels.
I guess depending on if it has a Hemi it might be worth that, but otherwise I think it's more like 8-10.
In my opinion anyway.

nice car! offer him 14.5 - you'll probably get it for 15ish... if I had the $$ and was looking.. that car would very likely fit the bill

I love some of those late 60's body styles.
Nice wheels.
I guess depending on if it has a Hemi it might be worth that, but otherwise I think it's more like 8-10.
In my opinion anyway.
come on Doug - Hemi cars are getting twice that - even non #'s cars with Hemi's are starting at between 15 & 20k -

I like it. I learned to drive in Dad's 66 Fury III - it was white with black interior.... Oh the memories. One of the best ones was 2 weeks before I went for my driver's license test in it, Dad went on an all day Sunday fishing trip and left the car home. My brother and I decided to swap out the 318 for a 383. Had everything we needed in the back yard and shed. We had the swap done, cleaned up, parked back on the street before he got home. He got up to go to work Monday, fired it up and went to work. When he got home, all he said was if his gas mileage suffers, we'd be putting the 318 back. 6 months later, we put it back.

If I hadn't found the 2 ragtops that I have, I'd be looking for a good 66 Fury to build.

It's a very nice looking car, but C-bodies get even less money than A-bodies. The market is just smaller. You're in a spot where you couldn't build the car for the asking price, but that doesn't mean that the car is worth that much.

Really it comes down to what you want to pay. If you want that car it looks like a clean example and we all know that represents a lot of work you don't have to do. But I don't think you can turn around and sell it for a profit, I think 16.5 is the top of the market if not a little past it. Will the owner go lower? Who knows. I'd feel a lot better about $12-14k, but that doesn't mean he'll take it.

I've seen the car also. Very clean car. sounds great going down road. It draws my attention every time it goes by. i am not sure on price, but i would buy it if i was looking for that model of car.

...would you sell a car you were asking 16.5 for for 10?? BEST you'll do on that car is low 15's maybe high 14's..

Asking and actually selling are two different things.

You're probably right he won't take $10K for it. But sorry for the guy that pays high 14's for it.

IMHO, it's a sub $10K car. Bench and column auto hurt.

Maybe make contact with him to get number, then just wait and call back in a month and see if it's still for sale.

If you like it, buy it.

So is it worth it? Yes and no..... To someone who does not have a flavor for that body then no. But if this is to your liking then the price is not too far off the beaten path..... A nice exam on a lift and find out about body/structure history.....

The car looks good and if the pictures represent the actual condition nobody that I know of will put this type of car together for the price..... I suspect there is wiggle room in the price but not much. The seller will get the number and could happen today or 2 months from now.

JW

these "debates" are the funnest.. beauty is in the eyes of the beholder and the value is in the wallet of next key holder

The ad does state ...or best offer. From the pics it looks like a very clean car. If you like it, decide how much you're comfortable with, and make him an offer!

I needed a feel for what these are going for. I got that.

It's been for sale a couple months. I'm going to keep an eye on it and see if moves lower.

Thanks.

Yup. a guy like me who has money and wants a clean car will pay. 5k for a 4 door valiant? Yes. Zero rust. I hate....loathe body work and I like a body's. I like the mechanical end of it. About as exciting as doing drywall mudding and sanding to me. Hahaha

-
Back