What do you think about this side business?

-
Like this? So I started to pull the steering column for paint on my W100 and I noticed the lower bearing was seized up and the shaft was just spinning in the ceramic bearing inner race. I was bored tonight at work and made an aluminum housing with a sealed bearing on the lathe. Should be very strong and is held in place with a snap ring and has stainless steel hardware. What do you think?

That looks awesome, you are a very talented fabricator!

I say go for it.

Never hurts to fill a void in a market. If it gets too demanding and it seems like your making the same part 100 times over. I have access to cnc lathes with auto feed. But same situation with spare time.

John, I need to come see the truck. If you have a minute today, send me a text and I'll run over.

that looks really good.

the 67's are recessed a lil more but pretty much the same location on 'power steering' cars, maybe in the firewall w/manual.

I'll take mine apart [dreading doing that] so I can measure/post pics and if need be...fedex it to you so you can measure it up and figure the money part out.

Sounds good.

If someone (like me perhaps!) made a drawing in SolidWorks or any other 3D CAD program, would that help?

I need window bushings and after a trip to the junk yard, thought I could find some new ones. It's not easy!

I like the idea badart! Nice work on the steering column bushing! I would love to have a heavy duty set of wiper arm bushings, and also some sort of steering column bushing for the '68-'69 A-body cars. :)

-
Back