what do you think is the best stance for a 71 duster?

-
I dont think you can go wrong either way, by the way, that's a sweet shop!

6 Cylinder torsion bars with super stock springs it gives musclecar looks with a great launch .

DUS2.JPG

Build your car exactly how you want it.

If the car is built right, stance, style, brakes, suspension, A/C, overdrive, modern electronics, etc........tire/wheel size will be secondary to the overall look

If you are putting in a 6.1 hemi and a paddle shifter Manumatic, 15" wheels would be silly and not fit the theme.

The Demon in primer on top is gonna have a 345 wide rear and a 255 front with a 1.5" rake. The real wheels are on order for that car, should be here in a month or so.

rjsjea you right about the way i build my car. i have to stick with one theme which i think is going to be with the old school muscle car rake

Sleeper with handleing pacage for the daily driver.
with just a bit more meat on the rear.
I never have liked the giant tall wheel look we are seeing now adays.
black wall tires and cop wheels and dog caps.
I like this look.

LIFE 335.jpg

Build your car exactly how you want it.

If the car is built right, stance, style, brakes, suspension, A/C, overdrive, modern electronics, etc........tire/wheel size will be secondary to the overall look

If you are putting in a 6.1 hemi and a paddle shifter Manumatic, 15" wheels would be silly and not fit the theme.

The Demon in primer on top is gonna have a 345 wide rear and a 255 front with a 1.5" rake. The real wheels are on order for that car, should be here in a month or so.

I agree. These are all opinions but please at least make your vehicle fit your theme. I guess it really doesn't matter what theme someone picks for their rod, as long as they're happy with it.

I personally wouldn't go any larger than what Abodyjoe's got going but it still fits his personal interpretation of what a hot rod should be and flows well.

My minds eye see's something different for my own project, but what really matters is that as I write this, the back of my head is soaked in motor oil and trans fluid from working on my own ride. As much as anyone would like to tell you, you can't buy personal pride in your own ride. Do it your way.

Heres mine. 215/50/16X8 front, 275/50/17X9 rear.
I wasn't sure about turning so went conservative on the front, I think a 225 would have been better,a little more sidewall.
P.S. The biggest 16 I can find for a legit street tire is a 255/50--a little small for us fat tire lovers. Member 70Duster440 has a good pic of his on his site too.

IMG_2013.jpg

I think I bought all of it from mopar performance it's been a while , also I did the 3/4 inch spring location kit , the only thing not bolt in are the spring pads.
I run 27 x 10 slicks for race and 295/50-15 for street with plenty of extra space.

if i keep my /6 bars wont they really only be good for more strip than the street if im puttin in a 360ci?

I have to agree that it highly depends on the theme your car is based on. Personally preffer the old school muscle car stance.

charger70, didn't you have this Duster at Vegas this spring? I was wondering it this was the same one I was drooling over. Very nicely done.
Alan

YES!!!!! where are these springs available what needs to be done to put them in and how much are they

Note that if you do put /6 torsion bars in your V8 car they will make it handle like a soft turd. Just do what I'm going to do, crank down the torsion bars to lower the front end a bit.

17's look great, but that is the limit, IMO.

Nitto 275-50-17's on 17x8 in rear, 28" tall
Nitto 225-50-17's on 17x7 in front. 26" tall

DSCF3533.jpg

It is true about the turd , but for me I don't care I want straight line performance dusters will never be vipers.

Why not have your cake and eat it too?? How bout straight line perf and handle like a viper??

Here is old school.
cars set up like this were all over my area in the 70s.
There was one 57 Ford that you cound see the top of both rear tires from one side of the car. MN finally made a bumper height law and a law that tires had to be inside the fenderwells or covered by a flare.
Now this one is lowered with the wheels tucked in, but he drove it like this for a couple years

dalesduster2.jpg

charger70, didn't you have this Duster at Vegas this spring? I was wondering it this was the same one I was drooling over. Very nicely done.
Alan

Yes I did, A friend and I drove up with 40 or so other mopars with the Mopar Collector Guide group. It was a hoot. I'll do it next year too. Here is a pic from a year ago SE of Kingman,az when we got stoped for a while at some highway construction.

mopars_cruise_to_vegas_cd2_012.jpg

where did you guys go for that trip? once my car is up and running maybe another 2 yrs or so, id like to join you guys

where did you guys go for that trip? once my car is up and running maybe another 2 yrs or so, id like to join you guys

This year it started early on thurs morn at Fender Guitar HQ :rock:in Scotsdale. They had cofee, juice, donuts n stuff. We leave after morning rush and head thru Wickenberg to Kingman, then up over the Hoover dam to "Mopars at the Strip" in Vegas.
When your doin 85 and get passed by a 6pack Superbird and a Viper, you will never forget it.

-
Back