what do you think my 71 demon is worth?

-

fez440

Reaction score
my dads demon has been sitting for quite a while and i doubt it will ever get done, he was thinking of getting rid of it but idk about that lol..i would finish it myself if i had any idea were or how to start :p but im just curious what you guys think its worth as it is now. its a 1971 dodge demon 340 4 speed blue in and outside originally. has all the parts to put it back together expect a new floor. has the rally dash with tach, has a 8 3/4 rear and discs up front. has a nice blue custom interior, 340 has some performance mods, carb intake exhuast. has most of the sheetmetal to weld on, inners, wheelhouses quartes truck. still need to buy a floor. any ideas whats it worth, here is a pic of it before and now

Attachments

• carfront.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 658
She looks good. Sorry don't know what stuff goes for up in Canada. More than down here is about all I know.

Thats one nice car. Even nicer if it is a factory 340 4 speed car. I would keep it and finish it. But thats just me.

If you don't think you can just remember you got all the help you need right here on this site.

With it being completely apart the way it is, I would think it'd be too much. Few grand perhaps? Not because it's a pile, because that's not the case at all. There is just a ton of work that the buyer would have to do and that'll hurt the value.

Of course, my opinion could be extremely far off. I think you should keep it though.

As a roller 6-8K. Take her back to stock (true tagged 340 4 speed), leave the trak bars off, correct intake, carb and manifolds, rallye wheels, 28-32K.

at least anyone looking at it will know that nothing is being hidden. if you do decide to tackle it, i personally would start by getting the work done on the wheelhouses so i could get the quarters on it, then maybe the floors.i wouldnt cut the floors up until the quarters are welded in place, without them the body could flex and get tweaked. try not to jack the car up without welding in some temporary bracing either. better safe than sorry.

Not sure about your area, there is a 340 Demon here in So. Cal. that is taken apart like yours but appears to be in much better condition body wise. They started out asking $5,000 about a mouth ago and are down to $4,000 now and still setting.

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/2417031743.html

Cars taken apart are really hard to sell and aren't worth much even when they are solid. I would guess here in So. Cal. that your car would be worth scrap value. $1,000 or less

If the car was still together like in the first picture I think it might be worth $5,000 or more even with the rust issues. For the seller there is a high price to pay for selling a unfinished project. On the other hand there is huge risk buying someones project. It's very difficult to really know if everything is trully there and the cost of restoration is usually higher than a finished value.

Attachments

• 3n83p03of5O15T05X6b628b17e9430d461fb5.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 614
  • 3pb3of3l25T35X45R1b625d4d607cd29316b8.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 603
  • 3md3od3l35O05X15R6b62d06d7a457e131b6c.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 591
As a roller 6-8K. Take her back to stock (true tagged 340 4 speed), leave the trak bars off, correct intake, carb and manifolds, rallye wheels, 28-32K.

are you kidding me?????????????????????lol 6-8k? maybe the stuff is worth more up there, but just look at ebay right now. there are some great quality drivers on there now for the 11-15k range.

that car is solid, but lets face it. it will need every bit of 15k into just getting the body back into shape, the right way!

i say 4k in todays market, whether it is here in us or there in canada

hm ok thanks for all the info guys, really helps. its not for sale at the moment i dont want him to sell it, so hopefully he doesnt. i might try to tackle it someday :)

Quote: are you kidding me?????????????????????lol 6-8k? maybe the stuff is worth more up there, but just look at ebay right now. there are some great quality drivers on there now for the 11-15k range.

No I ain't kidding you. Remember the economic slump hasn't hit as hard up here as it has in the US. I know of a 71 340 auto Demon, console Rallye dash and wheels, Show Room original (better paint job than factory of course), that sold for 33K just last year out of a gentlemans collection and Carbon copy condition 71 Demon 4 speed that went for 30. And screw ebay, I'd be willing to bet that only 25% of the cars being sold there are actually what they appear, stuff like "no bondo anywhere" then when you get the car, like a friends ebay bought 69 Charger, you're left with a 10 pound pile of it and let's not forget the rotted out floor boards.

Remember Fez is in Canada

at least anyone looking at it will know that nothing is being hidden. if you do decide to tackle it, i personally would start by getting the work done on the wheelhouses so i could get the quarters on it, then maybe the floors.i wouldnt cut the floors up until the quarters are welded in place, without them the body could flex and get tweaked. try not to jack the car up without welding in some temporary bracing either. better safe than sorry.

justin, you think the body would flex lots? the cars doesnt have the floor in it, it may look like it but its just sitting in there,not welded in. hasnt been jacked before but have been rolled around lots, kind of wish we could get the sheetmetal cheaper up in canada, i was looking for a proper floor, amd full pan, its $900.00 total shipped here :S yikes lol the shipping alone is almost $500 :O
i think the floor is the best place to start on it so i have been looking for that

As it sits, I think somewhere around $5K with everything included. I can't see a fully restored perfect Demon reaching 30K in this market. I've seen some very nice original cars getting 15-18K with a paint job. What makes it good is the family relationship. But really, with no floor and sans the other panels, I'd like to see door bars in there to keep the body in shape. IMO, the floor never should have been cut out and left on it's wheels if it's getting a complete floor so again, if it's being long-term stored, get some jackstands and support the entire car carefully.

Guy around here has had a similar one for sale for $4800. It's a 340 car with a rebuilt non matching 340, 4 speed, 8 3/4 rear, clean as hell body and all the parts you need. Just gotta put it together and paint it. So far its been up for sale for quite a while.

justin, you think the body would flex lots? the cars doesnt have the floor in it, it may look like it but its just sitting in there,not welded in. hasnt been jacked before but have been rolled around lots, kind of wish we could get the sheetmetal cheaper up in canada, i was looking for a proper floor, amd full pan, its $900.00 total shipped here :S yikes lol the shipping alone is almost $500 :O
i think the floor is the best place to start on it so i have been looking for that
i dont know about lots, but i would just be careful moving it around. it could make fitting panels back on it tricky when trying to line them up. try to stay away from jacking it up to be safe. you would probrably never notice anything until you try to get your panel gaps all the same. dont lose sleep over it, just be careful with it until you got some metal back on it. might be worth making a trip to carlisle with a van to get your parts and save on shipping. not to mention ,it would give you a memorable weekend.

Quote: are you kidding me?????????????????????lol 6-8k? maybe the stuff is worth more up there, but just look at ebay right now. there are some great quality drivers on there now for the 11-15k range.

No I ain't kidding you. Remember the economic slump hasn't hit as hard up here as it has in the US. I know of a 71 340 auto Demon, console Rallye dash and wheels, Show Room original (better paint job than factory of course), that sold for 33K just last year out of a gentlemans collection and Carbon copy condition 71 Demon 4 speed that went for 30. And screw ebay, I'd be willing to bet that only 25% of the cars being sold there are actually what they appear, stuff like "no bondo anywhere" then when you get the car, like a friends ebay bought 69 Charger, you're left with a 10 pound pile of it and let's not forget the rotted out floor boards.

Remember Fez is in Canada
Know anyone up there who would buy my Dart?

As it sits, I think somewhere around $5K with everything included. I can't see a fully restored perfect Demon reaching 30K in this market. I've seen some very nice original cars getting 15-18K with a paint job. What makes it good is the family relationship. But really, with no floor and sans the other panels, I'd like to see door bars in there to keep the body in shape. IMO, the floor never should have been cut out and left on it's wheels if it's getting a complete floor so again, if it's being long-term stored, get some jackstands and support the entire car carefully.

I just paid 30,000 for my demon back, pictures are in my gallery...So theres always someone out there..

Know anyone up there who would buy my Dart?

Sorry, the few Dusters/Demons that I know have that have sold up here recently are the factory perfect, fully restored (you know the ones with the stickers and chalk marks)numbers matching, beautiful paint yadda yadda, ones. They're getting top $. I think that there are a few small time collectors out there that are using the low interest banks to get what they've been looking for.

around 4K if it has all the hard to find parts like 71 t-quad, v/c's, aircleaner, exh manifolds,

-
Back