what do you think my dart will run.

-

daves 72 dart

Reaction score
hello everyone.what do you guys think my dart will run in the 1/4 mile? it is a 72 dart swinger with a 8 3/4 rear with 4.88, frame connectors,cal tracks with there springs.727 trany with a 4200 stall converter the engine is a 340
Work done: O-ringed, tubed for roller cam, oil gallies enlarged, bored to 4.07
(.030 over) and honed with deck plates by Herb McCandless.

340 steel crank
Prepared by Lunati, stroked .110 to 3.42 stroke and balanced to 8000 rpm's.im planning on shifting at 7200.

340 steel rods
Prepped by Lunati. Hand picked set. All are within .001 of each other in length. Bronze bushed, balanced and lightened.

Heads
340 X heads with 2.08 intake valves and 1.60 exhausts. Double springs for
.700 lift cam, Maximum porting on intake and exhaust ports.Ports are 63cc combustion chambers. heads flow a little over 260 cfm.

Pistons
Venolia lightweight forged pistons. Uses dykes top ring, 1/16 2nd ring and standard tension oil rings. Weight is 510 grams.the Compression is 11.3

Intake
Holley Strip Dominator ported to match heads.850 carb

Camshaft
Cam Motion roller 269 275 @ .050 and .631 lift with 1.5 rocker Valves set on .024 .028
RPM range 4500-7500. Cam is degreed in at 104 deg centerline.

Other Parts
High volume Melling oil pump, Comp Cams roller lifters, Crane 1.5 roller rockers(gold), Fluid Balancer, windage tray, Cloyes double roller timing set. SCE copper head gaskets(.060). Tall valve covers for use with roller rockers. Moroso 8 qt deep sump oil pan. Bronze cam gear for use with roller cams
thanks im hoping for 11's

I would think you should get there. What kind of rear tires? Good Luck, will it hit the track this year? Let us know.

Depending on how it's all put together and tuned, anything from 10.5 to 17. If all is done right I will go out on a limb and say 10.90

I would think you should get there. What kind of rear tires? Good Luck, will it hit the track this year? Let us know.

I dont know what tire im going to run. I do know that thay will be 28" tall.If you have a idea about what tire to run let me know.Im new at this drag racing thing and i dont know if it will hit the track this year. I hope so! thanks

Depending on how it's all put together and tuned, anything from 10.5 to 17. If all is done right I will go out on a limb and say 10.90

hello and thanks for the reply. if i get this thing into the 10's i will be as happy as a virgin on prom night.

i dont have the engine in it and im waiting for the trany to get rebuilt.the car looks like boxers dart. but mine has a black front clip and a dodge banner on the back quarter panels.i did not paint this car i bought it like this.

Hey Dave, do you have frame connectors? I am just getting mine back together, and had my rear housing shortened 1.5 inches and ordered 8in. rims with 4.75in back space and tested a Mickey ET drag radial 275/50/15 and it was a bit tight. I also put a RMS tri 4 link in it and was able to adjust the side to side clearance to equalize the spacing, and still to tight. The original housing seamed to be strong to the passenger side, I was told this was common. Anyway, I ordered a set of Micky 255/60/15 and I know they will fit no problem, awaiting back order on them.

I answered on Joe's board.. I will say mid 11s for the reasons mentioned.

Hey Dave, do you have frame connectors? I am just getting mine back together, and had my rear housing shortened 1.5 inches and ordered 8in. rims with 4.75in back space and tested a Mickey ET drag radial 275/50/15 and it was a bit tight. I also put a RMS tri 4 link in it and was able to adjust the side to side clearance to equalize the spacing, and still to tight. The original housing seamed to be strong to the passenger side, I was told this was common. Anyway, I ordered a set of Micky 255/60/15 and I know they will fit no problem, awaiting back order on them.
yes i do have fram connectors.my dart is strong to the passenger side also and is minni tubed with the springs moved into the frame. the tires that i have on it know are 275/60/15.thanks

-
Back